"Pulled Pork" at Subway

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
Who else besides me is in a huge hurry to go give this new unit a try? :rolleyes::bored::hand::crazy:

Last edited:
I think you might be surprised. I love subway and have yet to have a bad sandwich there. When they had the pastrami one going it wasn't to the level of katz'but it was pretty damn good.

I can hear it now:

"I'd like a 12" toasted pulled pork on nine grain honey oat with american cheese, yellow mustard, mayo, bbq sauce, southwest chipotle, lettuce, tomatos, pickles, onions, olives, green onions, peppercinis, cucumber, spinach, jalapenos, salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. Oh, wait, please hold the bbq sauce... "

I think you might be surprised. I love subway and have yet to have a bad sandwich there. When they had the pastrami one going it wasn't to the level of katz'but it was pretty damn good.

I've spent many a $ at Subway over the years but stick to the basics.

Please check it out and let us know how it goes... :thumb:

I love Mick E. Dee's & I love me some subway; however, I have never had a McRib & dont plan on trying the pulled pork sub....

BUT It wouldnt suprise me if it's tasty (the pulled pork), no doubt in my mind it's not quality Q, but I'm sure it has potiental to be tasty.

I had the pulled pork sandwich at Subway yesterday for lunch. Obviously it's not home-made Q but I have had a LOT worse pulled pork sandwiches at other places.

Actually I went to Subway with a couple of friends and one of them got the PP, looked pretty damn good, he said it was good, much sweeter than mine, I couldn't bring myself to try it, something just doesn't seem right! You want Avocado on that?

Thought about trying it the other day but we had just finished working out at the gym so I didn't want to ruin my workout. But would love to hear other's opinions who have tried it. I'm sure its pretty good.

Subway, Quiznos, and a local Milwaukee operation (Cousins) all have pulled pork offerrings this summer. I've only had the Cousins sandwich and while it would never be confused with the pork we all make on our cookers it really wasn't too bad. Pork prices are still lower than other meats so the margins on pork sammies are probably higher, just a theory.

It seems like pulled pork has become the "next best thing" in the fast food world. I wouldn't be surprised to see "Texas BBQ Brisket" subs next. I do like Subway, but I never order anything that needs to be heated, cold cuts only!

Honestly for my money, subway is the restaurant of total last resort. I mean I would stop at a gas station for yesterdays chicken wings before I go there.

Their bread is nice but then they ruin it with every other item they have. The compressed beaks and feathers they use with seaweed binder for all their chicken sandwiches is literally horrible.

I looked at the picture in the window of my local gas station and couldn't help but laugh out loud. The pic of that sandwich is beautiful, there is no way in heck that, that is what it looks like in reality.

Back