MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
MilitantSquatter

Default Pork in the Park -Salisbury, MD (4/20-21)

http://www.porkinthepark.org/competitors_frame.htm

Received my confirmation this week. 52 two teams listed so far with more than a month to go. I know a few Brethren teams plan to be there as the link notes many familiar names including IQue who won GC last year...

Sean, my brother in law, won't be cooking with me at this one as he's saving his vacation days for a first child expected in Aug so he'll only be cooking at a few of the contests this summer.

So, to help fill the void at Salisbury, Clint (Smoke in Da Eye) agreed to come along to help cook and hang out as he and Wine & Swine won't be competing at this one. Still not sure what Phil has planned for this contest as he mentioned the possibility of hanging out with us, cooking on his own, judging, contest repping)

Anyone else ?? Looks like it's gonna be a great contest !!!
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I will be there
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
MilitantSquatter

Team count is now up to 60 with a month to go...

Can't wait !!!!

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

See you there Vinny.

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Looking forward to coming down to Salisbury for my first KCBS cook of the year. I've cooked this one all 4 years... the first year was 18 teams. Things have grown quite a bit. Its a well run event, nice grassy park with plenty of room. Only problem is it usually rains... we'll see. Swing by the IQ camp for a cold Harpoon!
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique
Swing by the IQ camp for a cold Harpoon!
Will do. Vinny agreed to do all the work while I stand by and critique!
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

Thanks Chris, I'll take you up on that. I should have some Roqufort 10's also.

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
MilitantSquatter

One week to go !!! 66 teams per the contest website...And if there's not enough top level teams already signed up... look who decided to sneak in

I Smell Smoke
Malden, MA

Steve - Aren't ya gonna be too tired from teaching this weekend ?

Looks like quite a few Brethren will be down there... should be a lot of fun.... SmokeInDaEye and Sledneck will be coming down with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone...

Just keeping an eye on the weather report - Does Salisbury ever get sun and no rain ?

Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 AM   #9
LostNation
Full Fledged Farker

Steve's cooked the contest the last couple years only under the Agave name. Good luck next weekend.

BTW My nieces team name is Fat Angle BBQ and not the Fat Anle listed on the team roster.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #10
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostNation View Post
Steve's cooked the contest the last couple years only under the Agave name. Good luck next weekend.

BTW My nieces team name is Fat Angle BBQ and not the Fat Anle listed on the team roster.
Are you going to be there Rich ?????????? Good thing they didn't replace the e with an a that could have been real embarassing !!

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
LostNation
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
Are you going to be there Rich ?????????? Good thing they didn't replace the e with an a that could have been real embarassing !!
Not this year Str eve, I'm staying closer to home early in the season.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #12
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

we'll miss ya Rich... we'll hit the Clonesicle in honor of you this year!
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Weather up for this one sunny 62 jinx jinx jinx
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #14
MilitantSquatter

Weather reports still look good...

Clint (SmokeInDaEye) and Steve (Sledneck) will be taking the drive with me. We're leaving Long Island around 9PM tomorrow.. should arrive about 2AM or so.. then get some rest in the car until the morning for check in time.

As a guest Bad Bones Team member, besides helping and farking with my head during turn in times, Clint's got plans to dominate the Anything Butt and the highly coveted "Frank Perdue Chicken Award" category on Friday..

but I hear Sledneck's gonna give Clint a run for the money trying to take the Frank Perdue Award when cooking with Nancy and Greg from Purple Turtles...

See everyone Friday !!!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
Weather reports still look good...

Clint (SmokeInDaEye) and Steve (Sledneck) will be taking the drive with me. We're leaving Long Island around 9PM tomorrow.. should arrive about 2AM or so.. then get some rest in the car until the morning for check in time.

!!!
I guess you havent heard me snore! You should change that statement to sledneck will get some rest in trhe car while you and clint plot my death