DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With the wife and I on the Weight Watchers plan, I’ve been avoiding some of my favorite Mexican dishes. Now that I think about it, this really isn’t necessary if I’m carefully what I choose and how I prepare the dishes. Take fajitas for example. A protein, seasoning and some veggies. Made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and not much oil the fajitas themselves are only 1 point per serving. I can live with a diet that includes chicken fajitas, can’t you? Well, that leads me to the sides. Made carefully many of the sides are 0 to only 2 points per serving. Follow along with me and I’ll show you how I prepared everything.

The night before I mixed up some blue corn masa to make up some tortillas. (This is the one item I couldn’t cheat on to lower the point value. 3 tortillas = 5 points)

I also got out the onion and bell peppers to cut up

and mixed up the fajitas seasoning.

Ingredients:

1/2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt to taste
1/4 tsp. Chipotle pepper 1/4 tsp. Oregano

The next day started out by making a batch of my Mexican rice. (1 Point per serving) Started out by sautéing the veggies.

I measured out 2 cups of Brown rice, 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1 tbsp. of OO and put this in the rice maker. I now added 1 cup of Clamato Picante juice and 3 cups of chicken stock.
49898656757_cecebff018_z.jpg

Next, I added the veggies to the pot.

I closed the lid and pressed start. Here are the results.

Next up was the Guacamole. (2 points per serving) Cut up 1 medium Hass avocado.

Now I added 1 tbsp. of light mayo, some granulated garlic, 5 heaping tbsp. of my Pico de Gallo, some fresh squeezed lime juice and mixed this up and covered.

Next up were some frijoles. I sautéed some diced onion, 1/2 a jalapeno, some bell pepper and corn and then added two kinds of black beans. (0 points per serving)

I now got out 3 boneless skinless breasts and coated them with the fajitas seasoning.

I took them and the cut-up veggies out to my gas grill side burner.

Now I needed to make the tortillas, so I rolled up 6 balls of masa about the size of a golf ball. I flatted them a little to make them easier to press out.

I was having some issues with the masa sticking to the press so had to experiment with dusting the bottom with some of the blue core masa.

I heated them up on a C.I. griddle, very lightly sprayed with some OO.

Next I sprayed my 12” Camp Chef C.I. skillet with some OO. After it was heated it up I put the 3 breast in and cooked them for 8 minutes per side.

Once they were cooked I removed them to a cutting board and was left with the fond.

I dumped in the onions and bell peppers and let them start to cook.

While them were cooking I sliced up the chicken.

Now I dumped in the chicken

and stirred it in and continued to cook until the veggies had soften.

Now I brought it all in and plated it up with a Modelo Negra.

Here is a shot once I took it inside to eat.

Gratuitous side shot close ups.

OMG!!! This was so delicious!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Dang that's Weight Watchers? It's definitely some good eats, job well done... :thumb:

Outstanding! That is one fine looking plate and thanks for the reminders about the WW point values.

Damn, I gotta get back on our WW plan and start tracking again.

What's the first meeting to attend after this COVID-19 thing is over - AA or WW? :p

Yessir!!! Face, meet fajita:jaw: That is an awesome dish and no doubt that the hard work doing everything from scratch paid off in the taste. You rocked this one!

Looks great DH, I'd love a plate
Thank you Tom.
yea that is the whole Monty
Thank you zippy.,
Outstanding! That is one fine looking plate and thanks for the reminders about the WW point values.

Damn, I gotta get back on our WW plan and start tracking again.

What's the first meeting to attend after this COVID-19 thing is over - AA or WW? :p
Thank you Dom.

Once I cracked the 300 lbs milestone I knew I needed to make some changes. The WW plans (Blue, Green and Purple) offer a lot of flexibility and can be tailored to fit your lifestyle and eating likes and dislikes. My wife and I are on the Purple plan with has a list of 300 foods that are 0 points. (including most fruits and veggies but the kicker was that it included potatoes and brown rice)

I'm definitely not staving myself. I'm eating really well it's just that I'm eating a lot more fruit and veggies than I ever used to.

Man, that looks amazing, and made with such care and effort. I may have to join WW if i can eat like that! No wait.........I'm going to have to consider AA too. :rolleyes:

How many points was that beer?

Man, that looks amazing, and made with such care and effort. I may have to join WW if i can eat like that! No wait.........I'm going to have to consider AA too. :rolleyes:

How many points was that beer?
Thank you George. The beer was unfortunately 5 points. I usually save up points and splurge once a week and have a beer with my meal. It makes it feel like I'm not dieting when I do. :becky:

Back