Chicken Scallopini

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Our lemon tree is loaded with lemons, so I looked up things to cook with lemons. Chicken Scallopini uses lemon juice so I looked up a recipe and came up with this.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless – Cut in half)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. capers
1 tsp. minced parsley (and some for garnish)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
Cooking spray for pan

I started out covering my counter with plastic wrap and got out 2 boneless / skinless breasts.

I cut them in half horizontally, seasoned them with salt and pepper and covered them with plastic wrap.

I pounded them out to approximately ¼” thick.

I dredged them in a mixture of half flour and half Italian bread crumbs.

I spray my non-stick pan with a little red pepper olive oil and pre-heated it over medium high heat and placed in 2 pieces of chicken.

I cooked it for 3 minutes and flipped them. (You can see the red and golden potatoes cooking on the back burner)

Once all 4 pieces were cooked, I put 1 tbsp. of butter and 1/2 tsp. of flour in the pan. I mixed them together and than put in the capers, parsley, lemon juice and white wine. I let this cook down for approximately 2 minutes.

Once it started to reduce, I put the chicken back in and gave each piece a good coating while they reheated.

Here it is plated up with the potatoes and some green beans.

This was so good!

Thanks for looking.

Looks fantastic
may I suggest, next time, to try chicken thighs with grated lemon peel and bread crumbs?
really easy to do and to cook on BBQ
Thank you mbt. No offense, but I'm more of a breast man. :heh:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mbt
I prefer Veal Scallopini. A good fettucini Alfredo. And a bottle of fettucine, 1981.

xNZwpOo7Vvol.jpg

Looks awesome! Use to visit my FIL in Carlsbad. Miss walking out the door and picking a fresh lemon off the tree.

Back