MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Default Hatz off to Big Brother Smoke

About two years ago I found out Big Brother Smoke can't stand me due to my shennanigans but who gives a **** when after several years of reading his posts I finally saw him write something I at first did not agree with but ended up being VERY useful. VERY useful. Did I say USEFUL. This is why you should always be superior in every way and turn the other cheek... its easier to steal that way. (imagine smiley face)

Buried in an old thread BBS listed a technique that replaces a much maligned alternative. I cannot believe how right he was too. At first I read it and thought "no way... this is bull****!!! and very likely a strictly California thing." But one day I was in need and tried it. And damn if did not work like a charm. EVERYONE should use this trick.

Now hopefully do not actually use this trick in your arsenal at all but when you use it, it is a must. In fact, you do not want to use it improperly. And after a little experimentation such as throwing the trick into another apparatus for a time period not to exceed the proper timing and in no way not to be removed at any time before the correct period... well then... you have gotten yourself one hell of a additive to use. It also beats putting the whole shabang in their for Sam Cooke to work his magic.

So HATZ off to this trick Brother Smoke. And Big I will be using it time and time again. In fact a local business that is built around the types of things and stuff that would use this trick was not satisfied with their technique and now that I showed them the BBS trick and of course modified it to be just a little more tricker than the original, well... they have gotten many compliments.

Big Brother... this is why I love this place. Two people... as different as they come...one, judgemental and sees others as expendable... the other, completely off the toilet chain nutz... but through the brethren, when lurking around, one can steal one brother's funk and make it his own without actually asking to use it. This should not be a surprise though... there is a history.... Bill Haley did it to Big Joe Turner, Pat Boone did it to Little Richard, Elvis did it to Big Mama Thornton---The Stones did it to Buddy Guy, and I can only recall one time the reverse happend... Issac Hayes dropped something he from Glenn Cambell and Burt Barach and made it something special.

I have been pretty clear what it is too.

YouTube - Prince ft Chaka Khan-sweet thing
Dedicated to Big Brother Smoke and to anyone who wants to know clearly what I write about. You will have to see the whole movie... make the connection with the legend and after adding some Clinton, put it in a dark closet and play some Sam Cooke.

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 03-20-2011 at 06:47 PM..
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Its posts like this that show you have very little to add.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I am going to assume that BBS has a technique that is better than foiling, and that BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I am going to assume that BBS has a technique that is better than foiling, and that BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.
LOL BBS Big Brother Smoke. LOL He is my new hero.. seriously! The trick is one HELL of a trick. Its not foiling anyway.. its a trick with a legend. I mean its stellar.. I use it anyway but I have pulled it up front after Sam Cooke pees on it bit.

Let me expand to the bruthas that "know" and can recognize....

when I used this trick i had to pause... like... when your in a car and Sinatra comes on the radio... you never leave the car till he is done singing. For me... its like, a pause like how I REFUSE to shut the radio off when Eric Bennet's song "Sometimes I Cry" or Maxwell's "Wecome" comes on.... this legend BBS has inadvertently turned me on to has given me pause.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.
Great... now I don;t know Who YOU are talking about... LOL

Old 03-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
inv3ctiv3
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow I can't understand your post what so ever and it's nothing to do with me.....In fact I've never been able to understand your posts but you're definitely right about the one being "completely off the toilet chain nutz..." and that is not Steph I can guarantee you that.

Mods is there a way to add people to an ignore list on this forum?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Are you posting in some kind of secret code?????
I feel dumber after reading this whole thing

Old 03-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Trucky1008
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post

Mods is there a way to add people to an ignore list on this forum?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.
Hey do you mind sharing that trick?

Jambo Backyard
Gateway Drum
Fast Eddy FEC100 X2
BGE- Large x2
Certified MOINK Ball Maker, 2008
KCBS Member and CBJ
8.5 X 28' ATC Trailer
Trucky1008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by got14u View Post
Are you posting in some kind of secret code?????
I feel dumber after reading this whole thing

LOL yes. Big Brother Smoke has this cool trick he mentioned off the cuff and as usual I am cryptic about it. I absolutly love it.

As you can see however, there are people who are kinda... unfunky. Like James Taylor unfunky. To each's own. They consistently refuse to use the ignore button and feel they have to attack the poster... which of course... I guess they get away with.

If you can't get it... or I frustrate you simply click me on ignore... but try not to be silly about it and announce a person is on "ignore" which is about as stupid as anything I ever come up with. If you do follow my rants then you should be able to understand what it is.

It is probably one of the best tips I have seen since the other thing.

Meanwhile, I can always count on brethren to come into a post written by a person they repeatedly proport they cannot stand or understand (me) and comment, then add that they are pressing the ignore button.

Controversy... begats more views and those of us that can learn a trick from Brother Smoke can benefit from it as we were a little more broad minded.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
inv3ctiv3
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucky1008 View Post
Hey do you mind sharing that trick?
Definitely, just click on his name and a menu will drop down, at the bottom it says "add user to ignore list" and just click that! You'll never see his idiotic posts again

Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
Trucky1008
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
Definitely, just click on his name and a menu will drop down, at the bottom it says "add user to ignore list" and just click that! You'll never see his idiotic posts again

Jambo Backyard
Gateway Drum
Fast Eddy FEC100 X2
BGE- Large x2
Certified MOINK Ball Maker, 2008
KCBS Member and CBJ
8.5 X 28' ATC Trailer
Trucky1008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
parrdist
Full Fledged Farker

Help a dumb Missouri boy out, what the hell are you talking about. Big Brother Smoke ,if you know please enlighten the rest of us.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Why not just say what the little trick is then, instead of writing in code. Obviously he has shared it before in public so that shouldn't be a big deal. Let other people learn as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post

It is probably one of the best tips I have seen since the other thing.

those of us that can learn a trick from Brother Smoke can benefit from it as we were a little more broad minded.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Idiotic would be saying your going to ignore a person's thread then hanging around IN the thread for... for??? why would you hang around something thats a waste of time?

And if you ignore.... how would you actually see the thread... that's a question for the Mods.

Which alas proves a MUCH larger point and it part of the lesson for free.

At one point of time Big Brother and I did not see eye to eye on something and we had some words... I don't remember what it was about but undoubtedly had to do with him not liking one of my post or something. I am sure glad I never ignored him.... otherwise I would have MISSED the gem of a BBQ tip he gave up, probably not even realizing.

Do I care if I am "ignored," hell no. I don't think I'd be here if I did...

Do I care if some people just "have a hard-on for me" and dash to my threads (that they say they cannot stand) to search for some kernel of something they can use to mash that all important "report" button?

If I want to say gibberish and someone doesn't get it... tough. Tough frootloops.

For anyone that cares to see the message and decode it.. then they too can learn from my or in this case Big Brother Smokes wisdom.

Like Phil said once... "I don't just give **** away...."

Thanks from:--->