• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Baked Beans

jmellor

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
How do you like your beans? I usually do simple beans, B&M or something. I doctor them up with hunts, yellow mustard, some BBQ rub, and some BBQ sauce. Sometimes I will pour in half a can of coke. I think yesterday I used my extra hot BBQ sauce instead of the milder one by accident.

They came out great with a nice heat to them. Never thought of making spicy beans with BBQ before. But it was a nice surprise!

I usually serve a sweet tangy bean but now will keep this in the rotation. Next time I want to put them on the pit like I've seen here.

How do you all like your baked beans?

Last edited:
I like the bushs grillin beans straight from the can. No need to doctor up something that's already good

Cool video Pappy...thanks for pointing me there. Hadn't seen that one before...

I like B&M beans sweetened with something like Sweet Baby Ray's plus whatever else I feel like adding.

I like B&M beans sweetened with something like Sweet Baby Ray's plus whatever else I feel like adding.

I usually sweeten them as well. That's is what surprised me. I usually make a batch of hot bbq sauce which is my sweet sauce with habanero powder thrown in...put that in by mistake...needless to say it gave them quite a kick...But I liked it...

I almost never make BBQ beans the same way twice. I'm always tweaking something in the recipe to find the perfect BBQ beans.

Last week I took two cans of Krogers pork and beans added about 1 cup chopped up black cherries, half a sweet white onion, 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, 3 tbs Jim Beam Red stag Black Cherry Bourbon, 2 tbs molasses, 2 tbs honey, and several dashes of Professor Payne Indeass's Sphincter Shrinker Hot sauce. (your favorite hot sauce will work)

Baked in the oven at 350º until all nice and bubbly.

I love my beans sweet and spicy!

Bush's and Ranch Style are a regular staple here. Just tried Keri's hog apple beans, and we'll be doing them quite often.

Matt

I always thought they were best when they stay in the can... More room for the good stuff that way!

If I don't eat them as is, I'll add bacon, assorted bell peppers and onion. maybe add some of the rub or sauce I am using to balance the flavors out with the main dish.

Gary House
www.Cooking-Outdoors.com

I like them as-is when making dinner or something like that for myself. When sending out BBQ, or when I get the hankering for some BBQ beans, I'm like Blue Howler and I don't follow a recipe really, it's more just sort of based on what I have to a degree. I typically add chopped onion, peppers, jalapeno and garlic, then add in some brown sugar and/or maple syrup, mustard, rub, and a variety of meats (the more the merrier normally). I try and have at least one of the meats be smoked sausage.

I feel that a side dish is no less important than the meat, I don't use canned beans. Would you serve store bought boil in the bag pulled pork or brisket? My opinion, and I'm sticking to it.:clap2:

Pork Drippings

How do you like your beans? I usually do simple beans, B&M or something. I doctor them up with hunts, yellow mustard, some BBQ rub, and some BBQ sauce. Sometimes I will pour in half a can of coke. I think yesterday I used my extra hot BBQ sauce instead of the milder one by accident.

They came out great with a nice heat to them. Never thought of making spicy beans with BBQ before. But it was a nice surprise!

I usually serve a sweet tangy bean but now will keep this in the rotation. Next time I want to put them on the pit like I've seen here.

How do you all like your baked beans?
We made a rack to hold a couple of shoulders above the grate and keep the pans of beans underneath the shoulders so the pork drippings go into the beans and it adds so much flavor. Give it a try im sure you'll like it...

I feel that a side dish is no less important than the meat, I don't use canned beans. Would you serve store bought boil in the bag pulled pork or brisket? My opinion, and I'm sticking to it.:clap2:

Maybe I will get there eventually...Now I focus on the meat and don't want my sides to take center stage.:p

I use canned beans, corn bread from a mix, and sauce from a jar. But I do doctor them all up. Sounds like I have some work to do...

You had me @

I almost never make BBQ beans the same way twice. I'm always tweaking something in the recipe to find the perfect BBQ beans.

Last week I took two cans of Krogers pork and beans added about 1 cup chopped up black cherries, half a sweet white onion, 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, 3 tbs Jim Beam Red stag Black Cherry Bourbon, 2 tbs molasses, 2 tbs honey, and several dashes of Professor Payne Indeass's Sphincter Shrinker Hot sauce. (your favorite hot sauce will work)

Baked in the oven at 350º until all nice and bubbly.

I love my beans sweet and spicy!
Jim Beam Red Stag......:clap2:

Back