MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #76
ITBFQ
is One Chatty Farker

I like a 50/50 mix of Plowboy's Yardbird and Cimmaron Doc's on my ribs.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatfield-and-McCoy-Barbecue/765488903565575"]Hatfield and McCoy Barbecue[/URL] - Co-Pitmaster
Illinois This Butt's for 'Que - Pitmaster

KCBS CBJ; 18.5" WSM; [COLOR="Sienna"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]S[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Red"]Thermapen Mk4[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Blue"]DigiQ DX2[/COLOR]; [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IQ120[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Gray"]CharBroil Gasser (wind victim after 11 years)[/COLOR]; Maverick; OTS x2; etc.

[URL="http://bbqbeat.com/hatfield-and-mccoy-bbq-team/"]We're (kinda) famous![/URL]
ITBFQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #77
jcog44
Knows what a fatty is.

3eyz

Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #78
jsperk
Babbling Farker

I like Texas bbq rubs Grand Champion and the new rub The right stuff.

I still have to try Simply Marvelous rubs.
jsperk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #79
jimbloomfield
Full Fledged Farker

BPS Sweet Money
SM Sweet Seduction
"West Coast Offense"
jimbloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #80
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I go with BPS Money Rub as a base, SM Sweet and Spicy then a light top coat of SM Cherry rub

Makes the tounge smack off the back of your neck beggin for more

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #81
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Bluey (Bluetang) was kind enough to send me some Florida Rubs. He said he wasn't married to any of these, but they are bloody good.

Lawsons and Everglades. Bluey gave me 2 shakers for each of the brands.

Really good stuff from Florida!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #82
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

I use my own "Badonkadonk" rub.

It's good on pork, but even better on chicken.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #83
Texas Turtle
Take a breath!

I haven't found anything that I care to stick to long term. Tried Plowboy's and thought it was very good, both BB and Yardbird, but you can't buy it locally here and I pretty much operate on a whim when it comes to rubs so I pick up whatever catches my eye when I go to the store. I always keep a couple of shakers of Fiesta Rib Rub in the pantry and it is sort of my fallback. My local HEB has started carrying a bigger selection of BBQ products (Blues Hog in particular), so I pick up a bottle here and there.