Super Bowl Poll

Asunshine

Found some matches.
Reaction score
What is your absolutely go to BBQ recipe to impress your friends at a Super Bowl party?

It's always my hot wings but i'm doing a butt this year. Did get a request for wings so i might have to add that to the mix.

Competition St. Louis style pork ribs.
Finger food with the cool style of BBQ.:mod::mod:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 216
I have never cooked for a super bowl before.

Gonna be a shoulder and some finger food if I can think of some.

I was thinking about serving horse meat and seagull, :p

but I'm going with the fat pops (Small AE's), gumbo, and pork steaks.

I like to serve red beans and rice made with Andouille sausage. You can do up the Cajun stew ahead of time and bring it to the party in a big crock pot. Just do up the rice a little before halftime, and set out bowls and spoons. Works great, easy to eat from your lap, don't really need napkins, nobody's greasy fingers get all over the host's furniture.

I'm doing my first pork shoulder (picnic) on the UDS, with help from oakridge rub, homemade pickles and slaw. My brother is making homemade buns for the pulled pork! I'm so excited!

I'm doing waterchestnuts wrapped in bacon , ribs(type unknown yet), real baked beans. All smoked on a Weber 18in kettle some how.
Also bottled an american cream ale that should be carbed by Sunday.

The owner of the bar my wife works at has asked me to make a brisket, so I need to go shopping for that soon. It will be a pot luck type thing, so there will be ribs and other sides. But I figure I'll bring the brisket, white bread, sliced onions, BBQ sauce, and pickles I made from the recipe from the guy on this forum that was opening the restaurant (Sorry, horrible with names). Those things are killer...

Jambalya and/or Gumbo the last couple of years. Also guacomole is always a hit.

We do a big gathering at our house - both families, friends, friends of friends...usually end up with 30-40 people.

In past years we've grilled burgers, brats, dogs. Spent majority of the game grilling as opposed to enjoying.

Few years ago we streamlined our operation - ordered a couple party platters from a local mexican place - mini chimis and flautas, then made a big batch of beans and grilled a ton of Carne asada and did make your own street tacos - that way all the cooking was done before the game.

This is the first year I'm smoking the food -- few butts, a nice brisket (with black ops rub) - mother in law is doing her "bbq" chicken wings, but I'm hoping to add my own wings if time allows, using the habanero death dust...so we shall see.

Back