MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

Just to reinforce what others have said... I also use bus tubs for prep. Process: Trim quickly (no more than a few seconds per butt), rub, then either store in the refrigerator/cooler or they go directly to smoker. If you have a couple people doing this you can prep a LOT of butts while the pit is coming up to temp. Unassisted mine takes a little over an hour to get to 275F. Enlisting help for pulling & serving is usually not an issue for charity cooks. YMMV... Cheers!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #17
Cooknhogz
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post
My thoughts as well. There's a reason that restaurants don't really trim or inject.

Please tell me that you aren't using a syringe injector. If you are, you need to get/make one of these pronto
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...46&postcount=2
Luke Duke, great job on the homemade super injector. Could you please post where you get all your parts at, and how its put together. Thanks
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
cynfulsmokersbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post
My thoughts as well. There's a reason that restaurants don't really trim or inject.

Please tell me that you aren't using a syringe injector. If you are, you need to get/make one of these pronto
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...46&postcount=2

I've heard of a few restaurants that inject to add colume to the meat.
Anyone know if this is true. If I inject my butts, will it add volume and retain volume to the final product?

Also If you are a one or two man crew, it is easy to get busy, and get some of the butts overdone. I can see where injecting might give you a little cushion to that time frame.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #19
Cooknhogz
On the road to being a farker

I always inject and always will. 5 lbs. or 500 lbs. I want the best product each and every time. It's worth the extra effort.
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote