Brisket, Butts and a friggin MESS!!!!

BBQchef33 said:
Using Glad kitchen garbage bags, doubled up(lets not start the food safe plastic debate again).

Makes me glad my wife wouldn't let me use garbage bags for food! :p

Just when you think your luck sure sucks lately, you read a story like that. Man, you can even make up stuff like that. I could see it all in my head as I read it. Feel bad for you... through the chuckles. Look at it this way, next time will be better?

For a minute I thought it happened again! Ahhh, the lessons we learn from Poobah's messes.:biggrin:

.......... what a painful experience! I feel so bad! Where are the pics ??
Oh how frustrating and messy and yuk ! Where are the pics ?? I'm lggin' off so I don't get any on me.

Talk about "bustin a gut", I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I can see myself doing tht in my own kitchen with my dogs just loving every minute of it.

Gotta love a kid with the wits to get a marinade/bbq mop instead of a floor mop.

Funny

First of all I feel bad that this happened to a brother!!...BUT!!.....this is the first post That I ever called my wife in to read!!!..she said to me from the kitchen.."What the heck are you laughing at??"..while she was reading it tears were rolling down her face as well as mine..absolutely the funniest and most colorful post I've ever read anywhere!!!!!!....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!..Wi-Doe

I can picture the kids runnin' for cover and the dogs lickin their chops-I've been there!

Wi-Doe-Maker said:
First of all I feel bad that this happened to a brother!!...BUT!!.....this is the first post That I ever called my wife in to read!!!..she said to me from the kitchen.."What the heck are you laughing at??"..while she was reading it tears were rolling down her face as well as mine..absolutely the funniest and most colorful post I've ever read anywhere!!!!!!....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!..Wi-Doe

I did the same exact thing. She cracked up.

B

Grand Pooh- I have several observations...First, the kids, the dog, and wife all hold you in the highest regard. Dare I say they appreciate like no other what you go thru to feed them some of the finest Q on the planet.
Second, not withstanding your piss and vinegar at the site of this catastrophy, I wonder how they must have felt(cuz I know exactly what YOU felt).
Tragedy, helplessness, hoplessness, sadness at the site of you in a sea of meat and marinade which you worked so hard to prepare comes to mind.

I would have cried....

All I can say is, thank god I'm not alone in the world when it comes to this kind of scheeize. Cuz thats how I feel when it happens to me. Alone. But we're not brother!!! Schiez happens to all of us!!!!

Your sense of humore will carry you, and the rest of us thru times like these.

Thanks for sharing the story

Fin

Single Fin Smoker said:
Second, not withstanding your piss and vinegar at the site of this catastrophy, I wonder how they must have felt(cuz I know exactly what YOU felt).
Tragedy, helplessness, hoplessness, sadness at the site of you in a sea of meat and marinade which you worked so hard to prepare comes to mind.

FEAR!!! The look on both their faces was FEAR!!! They both came into the room and froze. When James ran into the garage, and came back with mariande mop.. THATS what lightened things up.. but he still did it with FEAR. As he held out the mop, you can see he was ready to RUN!. Jackie just kinda ran in circles with her eyes blinking and hands waving..

Hope everyone realizes, this was 3 years ago... a resurected classic from another thread. The sick think is, that when i replaced my fridge this past summer, the stain was still there, and still some crud way in the back.. James saw it and said... Hey DAD!! Remember that stuff?

Next time you decide to move 50# of meat and marinade like that, make sure you have video rolling. At least you could win some money on funniest home videos.

Between this, and the Boy Scout flatbed incident, you should have a camera crew follow you around all day.

I NOW and spit, snot and coffee all over my screen and keyboard !!!!!!!!!

Bump

Phil, I read this thread when ever I've had a bad day... Been there done that! Thanks again for posting. (It ALWAYS makes me laugh!)

Last edited:
My son just came home from school and Im laughin my arse off......im listenin to satellite radio so he figured it was somethin on there, but I had it on mute....hes 11 so didnt quite get it, but he did get a chuckle out of the dogs and said sounds like sis and me when you get mad at the part of what the kids should do.....HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Back