• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for POST OAK!

..... I just restored the smoker so I am going to run it like a locomotive for a while and smoke everything, chickens, briskets, ribs and more!

Oh Please Don't...... burn a clean fire.

(Just funnin' with ya)

Seriously, that's a great looking restoration job. I do believe you'll want to halve your splits to about 9" long. LSG's are very well tuned for clean burning with small bases. Again, great looking pit. :thumb:

Yo.... O/P.... Tried to reply to your P/M but you have that feature disabled. If you unblock it then post up and I'll retype my reply. :twitch:

Oh Please Don't...... burn a clean fire.

(Just funnin' with ya)

Seriously, that's a great looking restoration job. I do believe you'll want to halve your splits to about 9" long. LSG's are very well tuned for clean burning with small bases. Again, great looking pit. :thumb:

lol :caked:

Yo.... O/P.... Tried to reply to your P/M but you have that feature disabled. If you unblock it then post up and I'll retype my reply. :twitch:

Hey buddy,

Did it work, I am trying to set up so anyone can PM me, if not let me know how I can do it!

Hay Patriot, I think we talked on Facebook about this. I've been casually looking for Post Oak chunks, but only found bags of expensive splits at HEB. Hell, I'd get those, but don't have an easy and safe way to cut splits to chunks. Glad to see you found a source. Now I just need to find a friend with a bandsaw...

Hay Patriot, I think we talked on Facebook about this. I've been casually looking for Post Oak chunks, but only found bags of expensive splits at HEB. Hell, I'd get those, but don't have an easy and safe way to cut splits to chunks. Glad to see you found a source. Now I just need to find a friend with a bandsaw...

You can get a 10" mitre saw for $100 and just chop of some splits into chunks. Thats what I do for my grilling mesquite chunks. A lot cheaper than paying $10 a bag for chunks.

You can get a 10" mitre saw for $100 and just chop of some splits into chunks. Thats what I do for my grilling mesquite chunks. A lot cheaper than paying $10 a bag for chunks.

This is what I do. I also make sure that my body is clear of the soon to be chunk, since on very rare occasions it kicks back:laugh:

This is what I do. I also make sure that my body is clear of the soon to be chunk, since on very rare occasions it kicks back[emoji23]
Well they are called chunks...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Terry

thats great, yeah I'm in the Lone Star Grillz owner and fan club! This here is a awesome for too! I've been away from BBQ smoking for a few years and now I have restored my LSG I'm ready to Roll!

Are you in San Antonio, give JD a call he will call you when he gets some if out! Yeah the chunks at HEB get expensive! I have now a half a cord and will split the larger splits and probably make chunks with my miter saw!

Thanks for the response!

This is what I do. I also make sure that my body is clear of the soon to be chunk, since on very rare occasions it kicks back:laugh:

Exactly,

I felt a little kick on the miter saw, holy cow this PO wood is like a rock and solid through!

I'm used to mesquite being not so dense!

Get a B&D Alligator lopper and save the miter saw for your other wood projects. Lopper is $65 and couldn't be any easier/faster/safer for turning splits into chunks (even really big splits).

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-LP1000-Alligator-Electric/dp/B000BANMUY

Get a B&D Alligator lopper and save the miter saw for your other wood projects. Lopper is $65 and couldn't be any easier/faster/safer for turning splits into chunks (even really big splits).

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-LP1000-Alligator-Electric/dp/B000BANMUY

So, one of my best friends is in the tree trimming business. I shared that link with him and told him he should get one for his business so I could borrow it a couple times a year. My birthday was Friday and he gave me one. He said he looked at the reviews, thought he might burn one out too fast to make it practical for his business, but said it sounded great for my use.

Thanks again for the idea!

So, one of my best friends is in the tree trimming business. I shared that link with him and told him he should get one for his business so I could borrow it a couple times a year. My birthday was Friday and he gave me one. He said he looked at the reviews, thought he might burn one out too fast to make it practical for his business, but said it sounded great for my use.

Thanks again for the idea!

Happy Birthday and congrats!:mod:

Wood

Didn't Bigmista once post something saying that "wood was wood" and was all basically the same? Most people could not tell the difference in a blind taste test. (just 'cooking' wood- no pine, fir or others)

I think he did a full reverse when mesquite was brought up. He would not let it near his pit.

Hi Your right on about telling the difference between woods..I use 4-5 different woods and they all taste the same to me.
DanB

Well,

I bought 1/4 cord of seasoned Post Oak with a little Live Oak and 1/4 Mesquite! Great looking and seasoned wood for my smoker! I bought if from JD Wood past China Grove down 87 near 1604! Great deal, $140.00! He is a good man been in the business over 40 years!

My friend in San Antonio was looking for wood and I told him about this place and gave the number. When he called he was told "We don't sell Oak".

Strange...

Back