Mrs 4ever3 said “Absolutely NOT!!”

That's awesome Jeremy! I would've had a real hard time letting it go and 99.9% wouldn't have let it go. Good on the Mrs.. :thumb:

Great story. But those welds!:clap2: Do you work in the oil patch? Can't wait to see the finished product.

Robert

Thanks all!!!

Nice Job! You must be a professional welder.

Well, it’s what I do for a living anyway, I don’t know about the professional thang :laugh:

Nice work mate,and a pretty great story.
saved the picture on how to profile the legs.
how did you cut them?

Good! I hope it helps you out! It was the only way I could come up with to transfer the radius properly. I just used a 4” cutoff wheel

That's awesome Jeremy! I would've had a real hard time letting it go and 99.9% wouldn't have let it go. Good on the Mrs.. :thumb:

Thanks Sako, I used to be that way but no longer, I realized that the memories are independent of the object. I’ll pitch anything now :laugh:

Awesome welds. Have you thought about a firebox, or does she cook fine as-is?

Didn’t really think of it but she’s a good cooker as is!

Great story. But those welds!:clap2: Do you work in the oil patch? Can't wait to see the finished product.

Robert

Thanks, no Sir, aviation industry.

If your grates are higher in back maybe you just didn't level them when you tacked to the legs.
Ed

When I tacked the legs I leveled the front shelf, opened the door and said, hmmmm. So I rolled the cooker back to split the difference between the front shelf and the cook grate, that was a no go. The front shelf obviously leaned back, so I decided to level the front shelf and cut off and relocate the cook grates.

Great pics, workmanship and story. A piece of history with provenance! The next in line to receive the OKJ will be a very lucky person and hopefully one who appreciates the machines heritage and will continue to carry it on.

I don't think I have ever gone wrong by listening to my wife :becky:

That OKJ cooks with Love - A seasoning that is one of a kind.

Boomerang for TXArmy

Back