what size st louis

i hate to seem dense but to what does the 3 and down refer... i buy spares "4.5 and up" and sometimes they are monsters sometimes they are real small...all from restaurant depot...and at times there are 2 racks per cryovac ...others 3 racks and ive even gooten 4 racks per cryovac...since they are frozen solid its hard to know how many to buy...what gives???

3lbs and down are the average size in the case

Hey Jacked Up, Are you saying that the average St Loui is 3 #, or that the spares are 3 #. I ussually buy spares that weigh around 4.5 # and trim them down to to about 2.2 # St. Louies. I'm curious if the 4.5 spare that I start out with would be correctly referred to as a 3 and down St Louie.

Hey Jacked Up, Are you saying that the average St Loui is 3 #, or that the spares are 3 #. I ussually buy spares that weigh around 4.5 # and trim them down to to about 2.2 # St. Louies. I'm curious if the 4.5 spare that I start out with would be correctly referred to as a 3 and down St Louie.

The actual St louis cut would be 3lbs

Thanks for carifying Jacked up. I generally don't see them much larger then that around here.

Can you actually buy st. louis ribs raw? All I've seen is precooked ones in the store. Trimming isn't too bad but I'm all for convenience!

Can you actually buy st. louis ribs raw? All I've seen is precooked ones in the store. Trimming isn't too bad but I'm all for convenience!

You can but only by the case and they come frozen.

I have good luck with Hormel, IBP and Curleys.

Love IBP's and Curlys. Personally shy away from anything from Hormel. Just personal preference.

I have actually had the chance to get fresh, the only problem is the price. They are about a buck more per pound.

Most of the supermarkets in my area sell single SLS's in single COV's for $3.99 @ lb...kinda pricey. I've seen them at Super Target for a buck less.

Back