Todays Tri Tip Cook

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday, Saturday morning, my wife took our four older girls, youngest son, and two grandkids camping at Canyon Lake. I knew they would be home about 4:00pm today, hungry and tired. This is what I had waiting for them for dinner.

I picked up two Tri-Tip roasts, Black Pepper pork sausage, Chicken/Feta/Spinach sausage, asparagus, mahogany rice, fresh crusty French bread, and some Cote-de-Rhone.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/photozilla/main/tri_tip_cook

It was good!

ZILLA that sounds wonderful. I really like that mahognay rice. For some reason I can't view images in kodakgallery. My firewall I guess.
Anyhow sounds good.

Zilla, your my hero Brother! Those are some AWESOME pictures and some great looking grub! I haven't cooked Tri-Tip yet , but look forward to taking a shot at it, kinda hard to find here in Colorado.

Zilla did you visit California to get those tri-tips?

Looks great Zilla, Gotta get some tri tip sometime soon......only done 'em a couple times.....
Give us a little insight into your technique.

Very nice, I am curious what they ran you /lb down there? About 2-3 pounders? Did you have to get them at the buthcer, or a store have them?
Up here at the butcher that have been $6.49 lb.

That all looks great Zilla... I have been wanting to do a tri tip. Harris Teeter has them on sale for $4.99. I went by there yesterday but they only had ones they had cut into thick strips... I will wait!!

Those suckers were $9.99lb at the HEB Central Market. :shock: That's a rather high end store but it was Sunday. I called ahead and had the butcher cut them for me and when I got there I was a bit surprised to say the least. All I did to cook them was add a bit of my steak seasoning and grilled them hot then moved them to the side until they were 126 degrees. Then I let them rest till we were ready to eat. Real easy but I need to find a better source for the meat. The two roasts cost me $44.00 bucks but they were sure good.

Those suckers were $9.99lb at the HEB Central Market. :shock:

:shock: is right. We have a Central Market up here, but I try to stay away from it if I can...too rich for my blood.

FYI...My Tom Thumb up here say they will cut some and to ask for them if you see Sirloin steaks on sale in the flyer.

Great looking beef, but I'd shy from the price tag meself.

Back