• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Funday PRON, yard bird, crab, salmon and more

Bigo181979

Reaction score
Had a fun day yesterday, started the morning off by smoking a block of Extra Sharp chedder for a couple hours, then went in the salmon, and when it was done, 3 pork butts, 2 birds, a turkey breast, 2 fatties, and 2 sets of king crab legs.

Lets see what I learned....

You can smoke a block of chedder in a regular smoker! Fatties are awesome. My thermometer on the door of my smoker is way off (I bought a digital and compared readings), and now my old cook times are way off too :doh: lol. And this method of making salmon http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2292536&postcount=1 along with brineing was a bit to salty for me, so next time I will be using half the salt in each step.

All in all a good day of cooking and relaxing!

forgot the pics

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 149
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 149
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 149
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 149
I havent a clue what brand it is, it's way nicer then the backyard builds I have seen, its all welded together from very nice thick plate... But the brand tag is long gone...

Looks great! Are you smoking with an Oklahoma Joe Vertical Roasting Oven?

Well after doing some research on the OK Joe I would say that if it is not one, then someone went to great lengths to make one just like it :becky:... The side tray/handle on it looks the same, the box designs and lid to the fire box look the same, the grate in the fire box, all of that looks the same... Only thing is I don't have a tag or serial number and I cant tell that it ever had anything rivited to the door... So who knows.

Dang that's a lot of food, looks great. I love that style smoker and would love to find one made with thick gauge steel, maybe it's time to come up with some plans and just build one.

Yep, Looks like you have the difusion plate at the bottom of the smoke chamber. That tipped me off that it may be an Oklahoma Joe Vertical Roasting Oven. If so congrats as there are not many of them around. They were the forerunner to the New Braunfels Bandera.

Back