Bánh mì, again? yes, again....

No pâté smeared on the top loaf?

Im not sure what the other thing they smear on it is called, it looked like lard to be honest.

No pâté smeared on the top loaf?

Im not sure what the other thing they smear on it is called, it looked like lard to be honest.

i haven't sorted out how to make that myself yet, so i skipped that. boooo.. hahaha.

It's an odd combination of flavors, but works wonderfully.

Seriously, you can't find decent Vietnamese food in Texas? That is where half of the folks from Vietnam settled. Looks like a straight shot to Houston.

That is some good looking Banh mi. When are you going to learn to make the pork pate that is supposed to be on there?

Seriously, you can't find decent Vietnamese food in Texas? That is where half of the folks from Vietnam settled. Looks like a straight shot to Houston.

That is some good looking Banh mi. When are you going to learn to make the pork pate that is supposed to be on there?

i need to get on learning how to do that. i have another pal from out your way that heckles me about not having it. :laugh:

Everything looks great...although i really don't know what Bánh mì is...:-o

The lemongrass pork, Is the lemongrass edible? I was under the opinion it was used to flavor but not consumed. :confused::confused:
jon

tumblr_kyjgqhmKmL1qajpgqo1_1280.jpg

Never had it with jalapenos but then again ive also never had one in New York.

The lemongrass pork, Is the lemongrass edible? I was under the opinion it was used to flavor but not consumed. :confused::confused:
jon
Lemongrass is edible if prepared correctly. In particular, the center stem is quite soft and works great in recipes where the herb is to be eaten. The outer parts of the stem do not have a good texture to me, so while I use them for flavoring, I generally remove them for eating.

Its a fusion of French/Vietnamese, baguette and pate from the French and the rest is Vietnamese inspired.

Sounds really weird on paper but it works amazingly when you find a shop that does it right.

jon

edit: i see landarc gave the better/proper answer. thanks mang.

good question. i did put some in the pork, but the stuff on top knocks right off when sliced. it probably presents better than it flavors (on top at least).

Back