MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
GaSouthernSmoker
Found some matches.

Default Easter Brisket from Snake River Farms

I decided to order another Snake River Brisket for Easter and I am sure glad I did as it turned out awesome if I do say so myself. A friend of the family was having some family come in town for Easter and wanted to cook brisket for the occasion. Her father was skeptical that she would be able to cook such a large piece of meat. I offered to cook it for her so we split a brisket for the holidays.

The marbling was amazing

Recipe

Mustard
Brisket Beef Rub (See Link for Recipe)
Beef Rub with Beer Mop
Cooler
Towel

I applied mustard to the entire brisket and then I applied a generous portion of my homemade rub and let rest overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning at around 5:00 AM Friday morning I setup the Green Egg for smoking. I prepared some hickory chucks by soaking them in water and fired up the BGE.

I waited until the temperature got up to 250F and I setup the BGE for indirect cooking. The plate setter with the legs up, two aluminum drip pans.

XL Size Green Egg Setup with Maverick Wireless Temperature controls

It was done on just 12 hours. Good times where had by all and it was great with eggs for breakfast.
GaSouthernSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
bri134
Knows what a fatty is.

Looks amazing. Always wondered if theres a huge diff between a wagyu brisket and one you get from RD.

Also, I'm not seeing a link for your rub?
bri134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Pics look like icons. Got anything larger? Us old folks can't see!

320 x 214 is really tiny.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

The butcher I go to carries SRF stuff - love it!

That's a purty brisket - got any sliced pix?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
GaSouthernSmoker
Found some matches.

I was too excited to try it and forgot to get final pics. Sorry. I am currently doing a Whole Pork Shoulder and will make sure I post final pics.
GaSouthernSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bge, Brisket faq, snake river