6 Live lobsters and a day to play with them

Diva Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok I have a sink full of live lobsters. I am so excited this is a huge treat to have so many to play with.

Looking for some suggestions other than the basic grill and serve with drawn butter. Seriously considering wrapping one whole one in bacon and throwing it on the traeger. Just because I can.

DSCF7833.jpg

:biggrin: That looks like so much fun Diva! Can't wait to see what you do with them. :cool::-D

If I had that many lobsters, I'd grill the split tails, then serve with a mixture of(this is from memory and pretty accurate):

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup butter
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 tsp each of S&P
6 finely chopped cloves of garlic
2 bay leaves
2 T worcestshire
4 T fresh dices rosemary leaves

Cook sauce for about 10 mins, then pour over lobster tails and serve with fresh french bread.

I've tried lobster lots of different ways, but i always come back to steamed and dipped in butter.

I've tried lobster lots of different ways, but i always come back to steamed and dipped in butter.

You can't go wrong with a nice steamed lobster and some butter! I look forward to seeing the results.

ok first up here are my curry lobster roll sliders bbq lobster going to be next.

Nice snack a couple of hours before dinner. Vlado & I loved them the kids however asked for peanut butter next time.
Curry mixture was equal parts sour cream and mayo with about a tsp of madras curry powder (mild) a pinch of cumin, s&p and some tumeric.
Charcoal is just getting up to temp. Its -19 here right now it may take a while.

Just fyi... Lobsters aren't supposed to be stored in water. They should be in a damp conditions, ie, seaweed or wet newspapers. Never regular water. If they are to live in a tank, it should be seawater.

Worked at a lobster restaurant when I was a kid. It gave me my first taste of what it is to be a chef...

HOly cow I wish I was visiting. What a treat. I'd take a lobster slider, are kiding me!! Looks good so far...

Just fyi... Lobsters aren't supposed to be stored in water. They should be in a damp conditions, ie, seaweed or wet newspapers. Never regular water. If they are to live in a tank, it should be seawater.

Worked at a lobster restaurant when I was a kid. It gave me my first taste of what it is to be a chef...

The guy at the grocery store told me the same thing. But he told me to soak them and rinse them off briefly so I just rinsed them off and put them in wet newspapers around some ice. Fun to take that picture though LOL

Ok a couple went on the grills.

i get bugs pretty cheap here and fresh off the boat. I usually boil them in salty water for 15mins, split them with kitchen shears, and then grill them shell side down and brush with garlic butter for 10 mins at about 350 to tighten them up.

grilled is tasty, but i still like them just plain boiled with butter.

and also I second the DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER comment.

easiest way to kill a lobster or a crab is to put it in ice or water. They literally drown (run out of oxygen)!!

rinsing them off is no big deal tho. Just keep them dark and cold and they will last for days.

How much fun is it to play with your food??? My parents had it all wrong!:wink:
Great lobster pics.

Back