barbacoa anyone!

coyotero

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
14 hs in the uds, came out good. Lamb ribs and legs.

IMG_0963.jpg

Tacos with pico de gallo, avocado and salsa

IMG_0964.jpg

Regards

JV

Looks real good! Haven't had good barbacoa in a while.

That looks fantastic! What kind of salsa did you top the tacos with?

Yes that does that look great!
Also wondering what kind of salsa you used.

I like em A LOT!! I'd hit a few plates of those taquitos for sure. That salsa looks like a nice thick long green chile salsa. Yes? Man, you got me craving some barbacoa. Did you keep in in that pan covered with foil while in the UDS? I'd like to know how you went about it.
Bob

Bob brisket;

covered with banana leaves, couldnt find maguey pencas. The salsa is tomate and tomatillo smoked with some jalapenos then mashed in the molcajete.

came out good

JV

Bob brisket;

covered with banana leaves, couldnt find maguey pencas. The salsa is tomate and tomatillo smoked with some jalapenos then mashed in the molcajete.

came out good

JV

You don't mess around Brother. Way to get it done. We got pencas all over the place here, but NO banana leaves. The molcajete is also the way to go. The lamb ribs are the most affordable parts I can find around here too. Leg and chops are pricey. I usually wrap in foil like I would with cachete, but the fat causes some bad flare ups in the UDS. I like your idea of having them suspended on that grate so the fat drains off and out of the way of the coals. Thanks for the pron and the great ideas.

Bob

Bob Brisket;

It's called "consome" -soup-, you put your legumes, xoconoixtle, garbanzo, onion, garlic and epazote, add some water, suspend the meat and let the drippings do their thing and you have some fantastic consome.

pics

tambo2019.jpg

tambo2036.jpg

tambo2029.jpg

Regards

JV

Outstanding looking barbacoa! I tried to do one last week and it was my worst effort in years. Back to the drawing board for me.

Back