MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #16
Smookey
Knows what a fatty is.

I know for sure that their double cheese burger is the worst beef ever. It smells horrible even when it is fresh from the counter. Let it stand for 1 hour and you will not wait to throw up
Smookey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleking View Post
On that account you also don't eat, sausage, hot dogs, brats, spam, Bologna, lunch meats, pepperoni, frozen burgers, etc...

I don't see any difference.
Strange response....

Maybe I don't like the sauce (I dont)....or the bread (meh take or leave)...or the meat itself (couldnt tell through that horrid sauce)....why would I be banned from eating a brat just cuz I don't like the mcrib? Maybe I prefer sourcing meat through local small farms who raise animals in a manner congruent with their nature (I do) with minimal processing, zero preservatives or additives. Perhaps I don't like fast food in general, and although I can't put a finger on why, it tastes completely innedible after not eating it for a while (true for many I know). Lotsa reasons really...main one is i make better food for my own tastes at my house in under 5 minutes. Like I said though....to each their own! Plenty disagree with me judging by how many of these things are sold.
fnjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #18
Teleking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnjay View Post
Strange response....

Maybe I don't like the sauce (I dont)....or the bread (meh take or leave)...or the meat itself (couldnt tell through that horrid sauce)....why would I be banned from eating a brat just cuz I don't like the mcrib? Maybe I prefer sourcing meat through local small farms who raise animals in a manner congruent with their nature (I do) with minimal processing, zero preservatives or additives. Perhaps I don't like fast food in general, and although I can't put a finger on why, it tastes completely innedible after not eating it for a while (true for many I know). Lotsa reasons really...main one is i make better food for my own tastes at my house in under 5 minutes. Like I said though....to each their own! Plenty disagree with me judging by how many of these things are sold.
I'll give you taste but minimal processing is a long stretch for even farm to table processed meats for any "natural foods". Based on the response you don't eat any of the processed foods I mentioned. Good for you.

Any processed or cured meat has been under the gun for nitrates consumption lately. Bacon, pastami, corned beef, salt pork, to the list. Canned veggies loaded with salt. Not to mention BBQ in general is not a healthy choice or even grilled foods creating carcinogenic PAH's on your food.

So you only eat unprocessed close to home meats and fresh veggies. We can all strive to follow your example. Cudos to you and hat off to the dedication.

Edit: I don't eat fast food either other than once a year because it's there.
Teleking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #19
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleking View Post
I'll give you taste but minimal processing is a long stretch for even farm to table processed meats for any "natural foods". Based on the response you don't eat any of the processed foods I mentioned. Good for you.

Any processed or cured meat has been under the gun for nitrates consumption lately. Bacon, pastami, corned beef, salt pork, to the list. Canned veggies loaded with salt. Not to mention BBQ in general is not a healthy choice or even grilled foods creating carcinogenic PAH's on your food.

So you only eat unprocessed close to home meats and fresh veggies. We can all strive to follow your example. Cudos to you and hat off to the dedication.

Edit: I don't eat fast food either other than once a year because it's there.
As they say..."the dose makes the poison". No need to live only on pristine food and blessed water, but I do my best to choose my battles so to speak.

Beers in, mcrib out for instance!

As to bbq and carcinogens....well I view current discoveries through an evolutionary lens. We have been cooking meat over open fires since humans became humans so I'm not overly concerned on that one. Eating it with veggies helps, and in particular certain herbs and spices do as well.
fnjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #20
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

I did this

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 08:42 PM   #21
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

As a kid I worked at McDonald's back in 1981 when the McRib was introduced. The pre-formed pork patty used to come in frozen and we would heat it up and hold it hot in a vat of BBQ sauce for service. Add pickles and onions, slap it on a bun, and you have culinary Nirvana!

The early 80's was a golden era for McDonalds innovation with Happy Meals in 1979 and Chicken Nuggets coming along in 1983. Both products are still popular more than 30 years later. I think continually bringing back the McRib on a LTO basis is brilliant marketing on their part.

Sadly the McDLT from the same period didn't make it (Keeps the Hot Side Hot and the Cool Side Cool!)
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #22
el_matt
Babbling Farker

I'm not the biggest McDonald's fan, and I was always skeptical of the McRib. However, after seeing the video, it looks pretty good. If it wasn't for the fact, that I can't stand their bbq sauce, I'd give one a try.

Matt

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #23
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_matt View Post
I'm not the biggest McDonald's fan, and I was always skeptical of the McRib. However, after seeing the video, it looks pretty good. If it wasn't for the fact, that I can't stand their bbq sauce, I'd give one a try.

Matt
You can get it without sauce.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:04 AM   #24
TallBoyBBQ
Got Wood.

Howdy,

A lot fewer Bunsen burners and beakers than I was expecting....
TallBoyBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 AM   #25
chefman316
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookey View Post
I know for sure that their double cheese burger is the worst beef ever. It smells horrible even when it is fresh from the counter. Let it stand for 1 hour and you will not wait to throw up
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...111&FORM=VIRE7

Enjoy :o)
[COLOR=sienna][B]Member: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]KCBS, NBBQA, IFT, Research Chefs Association [COLOR=#008000][B]CBJ#: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]80380[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][B]*Contact us for sponsorship opportunities*[/B][/COLOR]
[URL]http://axemenbbq.com/2015/12/14/axe-men-bbq-now-part-of-the-bbq-brethren/[/URL]
chefman316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #26
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Mike and Grant sitting in a tree
S M O K I N G

... those are good videos though

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #27
KevinJ

I haven't eaten at a McDonalds in over 20 years.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #28
hammb
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnjay View Post
Strange response....

I'm with ya man.

I very rarely eat lunch meat, never eat spam, rarely eat hot dogs, etc. I do eat bacon, brats, etc but pretty much only from my local butcher shop where they'll let me go and watch them make the stuff if I wanted to.

One of the big things to me is "natural and artificial flavors". I think that stuff fools your body and is the root of all food evil. When I get brats and bacon made by my local butcher shop it mostly contains ingredients that I would put in those items if I made them myself. Sure there is some nitrates in the cured stuff, but in limited quantities it's not gonna be what kills me.

To each their own. McDonalds is horrible for ya, but in limited quantities it won't kill ya. Just not where I choose to spend my calorie overload meals (which are admittedly way too frequent to be skinny!).
hammb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #29
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...htmlstory.html

1) So what's in a ChiTown Classic, and can I order it as a hidden menu item in SoCal?
2) Why do we get salads and breakfast bowls out here??? I want mac 'n cheese too !!!!!!!!

*** on edit ***

just saw the ChiTown Classic, looks good!!

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #30
tom b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
did you take a nap on the counter too?

Tags
bbq, McD, McRib, meat, pork