Kingsford on sale at HD - Black Friday

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
40lbs of K for $10.97. 27 cents a pound. Sale starts today! Grab your St. Paddys day beer and K!

Last edited:
Home Depot usually has the best price you can find anywhere, anytime, for K blue on Memorial Day 'round here, but I'd check your local Lowes for any deals on STUBBS as a brother already mentioned. They're much better briqs IMHO, especially if you do over-nighters in a humid environment. In the next couple of weeks though, I'll be trying the RO Chef's Select big briqs I just picked up the other day from a doitbest.com order. They were a good bit cheaper than the Stubbs, so I finally decided to try 'em after all the good posts I read 'bout 'em from Harbormaster and others.

Still, you pretty much know what you're getting with K blue, and if it's a steal of a deal...good deal. Just knock the ash off good before hitting the sack and don't sleep in too late.

Home Depot usually has the best price you can find anywhere, anytime, for K blue on Memorial Day 'round here, but I'd check your local Lowes for any deals on STUBBS as a brother already mentioned. They're much better briqs IMHO, especially if you do over-nighters in a humid environment. In the next couple of weeks though, I'll be trying the RO Chef's Select big briqs I just picked up the other day from a doitbest.com order. They were a good bit cheaper than the Stubbs, so I finally decided to try 'em after all the good posts I read 'bout 'em from Harbormaster and others.

Still, you pretty much know what you're getting with K blue, and if it's a steal of a deal...good deal. Just knock the ash off good before hitting the sack and don't sleep in too late.

Yup you're right. The stubs are on sale at Lowes. Comes out to about .28 cents per pound. I've never tried stubbs. Is it that much better than K?

Yup you're right. The stubs are on sale at Lowes. Comes out to about .28 cents per pound. I've never tried stubbs. Is it that much better than K?

Stubbs has a lot less ash after burning and better flavor. I picked up 6 bags at lunch and will get some more this weekend. I don't want to shock the wife too much.She often wonders why my stack of charcoal seldom gets smaller. :bow:

Stubbs has a lot less ash after burning and better flavor....I don't want to shock the wife too much.She often wonders why my stack of charcoal seldom gets smaller. :bow:

Man, I know whatcha mean.

I just got off the phone though with Lowes and no such luck. I guess they figure enough of us are already hooked on the stuff here in Tennessee?

Must be a regional thing. Stubbs is not on sale in my area.

Must be just in SoCal the local adds up here don't have any outdoor stuff in it. Must be because of the crappy weather we are having. But Lowes does have the 15# stubbs for $4.25 ea. so I'm going to give it a try.

Ill have to hit the sytore tomorrow , Is there a qty limit on the sale price?

Home Depot down here in San Diego had the K sale going. Picked up 4 bags of the K, some Hickory, Apple, and Cherry Chunks (the chunks were not on sale).

I plan on doing my own little testing, I went to home depot and got 80lbs of King and happen to stumble over to Lowes and get some stubbs... Im new to BBQ so I dont have much favor to either one, I plan on doing a review on price, ash flavor etc. we will see how it goes.

Back