Obligatory High Plains (Freezin') Wings - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had serious plans to take part in the First SW Brethren Bash.... but Uncle Sam had other plans.

Yep. To assuage my pain, I've decided to cook up a batch of wings.

Momma asked for another round of Nando's Peri-Peri wings, and I've had a hankerin' for some Korean-flavored wings.

It's not pretty, but I applied some Wicken Yanks Wings Rub to the Nando's-to-be, and some John Henry Mojave Garlic to the Korean-to-be.

7Cv7dNqh.jpg

John Henry MG:

2IPNUIGh.jpg

Wicken Yanks Wings Rub:

W7w4Tkhh.jpg

Melted some butter, sautéed some garlic and ginger, added some gochujang, a touch of sugar, some sesame oil, and some rice wine vinegar.

vHNDGmwh.jpg

I've got the Vortex running hot with some B&B Oak Lump... and yes, our 'mater plants and such are now wrapped up in a drop cloth, as we're about to have the first freeze of the fall.

B8l1Mx7h.jpg

More shenanigans to come this evening.

Last edited:
Didn't get good photos of the Nando's....

Here're the Korean wings in the skillet:

ZoPCSQ9h.jpg

Quick plated shot before we all tore them up:

Nando's Peri-Peri on the Left / Korean on the Right.

p6feB2Rh.jpg

Oh yes please Marc!

I was going to be at the SW bash also. Work got in the way of course and as an added bonus, on Friday Uncle Sam called me into his office for a not so nice meeting. :evil:

Due to us listing our house for sale, keeping it show-ready, prepping for a move, and tons of rain, I havent fired up a grill or smoker in weeks. Weather will be cooperative this week and I think I can manage some wings.....I sure do need it. Yours look great.

I even got rid of my wood stash entirely...so sad.

Great job on the wings Marc, hopefully we will both be at the next SW Bash maybe a spring Bash????

Back