MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Mad Max
is Blowin Smoke!

Default On my trip to Houston....

On my short trip here, to Houston, to be by my father's side, after his surgery, I took a short trip to the headquarters of John Henry Products. I actually had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Henry on the phone and his son, Ernie, in person. They treated me and my wife, like gold and we were very honored to have see the place, where I have been ordering my rubs and other products. Needless to say we took several # of cherry wood and sample lots of new rubs (bought several) and just to look around the place.Traded some cooking tips and learned a whole lot. Made a not so pleasant trip, much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg John Henry.jpg (69.1 KB, 31 views)
Weber 22.5 Blue Kettle (CL rescue)
Turkey Fryer
Superbly accurate, ferociously fast,
RED THERMAPEN

"Certified MOINK Ball Maker" 2008
www.southerntreats.blogspot.com

Last edited by Mad Max; 12-21-2008 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: grammar correction, add on
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Mad Max
is Blowin Smoke!

Talking

Had a chance to eat at Goode Company BBQ, today and had the best brisket and chech sausage po-boy sandwich. My wife was not a big fan of brisket, but really loved the one at Goode's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goode Co.jpg (76.3 KB, 23 views)
Weber 22.5 Blue Kettle (CL rescue)
Turkey Fryer
Superbly accurate, ferociously fast,
RED THERMAPEN

"Certified MOINK Ball Maker" 2008
www.southerntreats.blogspot.com
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
keend
is one Smokin' Farker

I had the same experience while visiting John Henry's. John was there that day and we talked for at least half an hour. They are good people!

Misplaced in the Mid-West

NB Bandera
22.5" Weber Kettle
[COLOR=black]22.5" WSM[/COLOR]
keend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
John Henry