MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm tired of getting just...that...one...vote...

Farking Aussies
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
Wampus

Life's got me really busy. I cook at competitions quite a bit lately, but at home, it's either quickly grilling something for the family or not grilling or smoking at all. I have 4 kids that are all highly engaged in all kinds of activities and my wife and I are also very busy with other things outside of the home.

Frankly, I just don't have time. And when I DO have a weekend off and can cook something, when I check the TD forum, the theme is something like "Asian Soup" or "Italian" or something that doesn't seem to be BBQ related or something I'm at all familiar with. The themes are up to the winners of previous TD's and that's how it always has been and should continue, just doesn't seem compatible often anymore.

PLUS.....I'm a competitor at heart. I like to win and if there's no real chance in winning, I don't see the point in taking the time to compete. The voting in the TD's is an odd dynamic. The only way to win seems to be in the plating or photography. Not always, but obviously these two things make the quickest and most logical impact on an entry. I'm just a "cook it and put it on a plate" guy and have no real photography skills.

In the end, though, the reason I don't play much anymore is I just don't have the time.

Heck, the only real time I have to post here anymore is during work hours, when I really SHOULDN'T be taking the time to do so. Evenings and weekends seem to be out of the question.

I dig the Throwdowns, really I do.
Just not for me anymore I guess.
Perhaps this will change.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
Fatback Joe
Babbling Farker

I don't think about it most of the time. Nothing against them, but the way my brain works (or doesn't work) is that I think about the forum when I am on the forum, when I am not, I don't. When I see the voting threads come up, I have that "oh yeah" kind of moment. I would really like to be a member of the zero club,

I plan on entering the burger throw down, but just becuase I happened to plan on cooking burgers tonight and that category came up............then again, I might not remember to take any pics.

There have been a couple of times that I thought about entering and then something comes up and the deadline has come and gone.

WSM
Medium Spicewine
Stumps GF223
Humphrey's GF Tank II
24 x 60 Shirley Fabrication
Fatback Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #19
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oifmarine2003 View Post
I really enjoy doing it! And, I just entered the zero club on the soul food!
^^^^^^^ What he said.....but it won't deter me from entering more. I may become the Susan Lucci of this forum, but I won't give up!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #20
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
^^^^^^^ What he said.....but it won't deter me from entering more. I may become the Susan Lucci of this forum, but I won't give up!
That's the Spirit!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
OutlawSwine
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm kinda in the same boat as Wampus. I am moving 100mph by the time I get home from work because we have baseball (I coach my son), cheerleading (daughter-practices competions), softball (me), etc, etc. Most of the time I'm lucky to get a can of tuna and some microwave mac-n-cheese!
When baseball season is over, I do plan on entering a couple of them.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
Mahoney86
Full Fledged Farker

I am new hear and I would like to enter the throw downs. My reasons, although I guess its not the point of the throw down is that there has been not much I wanted to cook. I remember the Indian themed one a few weeks ago, this week looked Vietnamese I think?? I remember a Jamaican themed one. I cook multiple meals every weekend, but its usually just basic bbq, (ribs, fattys, pork, brisket, meatloaf etc...) I try and post as much Pron as I can.

Sooner or later I will do a throw down. I just need to plan it ahead!
Mahoney86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #23
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaronimo View Post
Thats a good question. I know I am here and sometimes see the throwdown threads and think I should do that. Then the phone rings, and with my short, childlike attention span I forget all about it. I am going to enter this weeks throwdown!

Hold on, phones ringing...

I like your blog. Nice wood fire oven!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #24
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I'm tired of getting just...that...one...vote...
Farking Aussies
I feel your pain.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1177036

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatback Joe View Post
I don't think about it most of the time. Nothing against them, but the way my brain works (or doesn't work) is that I think about the forum when I am on the forum, when I am not, I don't. When I see the voting threads come up, I have that "oh yeah" kind of moment. I would really like to be a member of the zero club,

I plan on entering the burger throw down, but just becuase I happened to plan on cooking burgers tonight and that category came up............then again, I might not remember to take any pics.

There have been a couple of times that I thought about entering and then something comes up and the deadline has come and gone.
I'll remind you about the Throw Downs, if you'll agree to remind me to stay outta Comp.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Thanks from:--->
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawSwine View Post
I'm kinda in the same boat as Wampus. I am moving 100mph by the time I get home from work because we have baseball (I coach my son), cheerleading (daughter-practices competions), softball (me), etc, etc. Most of the time I'm lucky to get a can of tuna and some microwave mac-n-cheese!
When baseball season is over, I do plan on entering a couple of them.
If I ever win another TD, I'll call a War Damn Chicken one just for you Preston. (And truely, I am not meaning this to be a dig in the least. Chicken is my worst meat cooked on the grill, which is why I always let Redhot cook it...)
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

This weeks burger category is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Who doesn't love a tasty, tasty burger?
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
deguerre

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Please do not accept this as my unofficial entry. I stole the picture because I just want to win so badly!

I am off to cry in my soup now!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #30
deguerre