MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #286
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Good to read you have a distributor that knows the smoker inside and out. I frequent Greenbush brewry in Sawyer quite often and love their brisket sammie in addition to their many fine brews. They got a new smoker a couple of months ago and there was definately a learning curve. The first two brisky sammies I had after they purchased the new smoker were overcooked and very dry. Had to use a lot of sauce and extra brew to choke it down. They've since learned how to cook on the new smoker and the brisket samwhich is one of the best I've had. Best to straighten out the learning curve before you open the doors to John Q. Public! Go Irish, Go Green Go White!!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #287
ICDEDTURKES
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
T
Michigan is evil! I went to Michigan State, so that's where my allegiance lies.
You could have a MSU beats UM eat free marketing promo.. It would generate a huge buzz with little to no risk on your part in the coming years.

P.S. Will stop in sometime when I go to Detroit (Anything south of 10 = Detroit)
ICDEDTURKES is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #288
markrvp
Full Fledged Farker

So any status updates?

Old 09-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #289
Grafixgibbs
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
That's actually a really good idea. There's a great empty spot along the front of the building where I could stack a good half cord or so. Not only would everybody see a pile of wood, but it would cover up some of that ugly blue vinyl siding.
Just make sure the pile in front gets used and doesn't collect spider webs etc. I know many a person that looks at the wood pile to determine the BBQ.

BBQ is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

KCBS Member
CBJ
55 gallon Texas Grill (deceased), CS-680 Louisiana Grill, Charbroil R2 unit, Weber Performer
Grafixgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #290
papaskins
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Looks like my kind of place.
papaskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #291
Uomograsso
On the road to being a farker

I love your shirts. If you are looking for tips on marketing, try googling, "guerrilla marketing". Lots of inexpensive tips on marketing. Since you are so close to ND why not pull your smoker down there on a home game weekend and hand out free samples to the tail gaters.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #292
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
So any status updates?
I wish.

I can't wait for this to be over. Builder hit a snag with the client they were working on before me, so we're another 2+ weeks behind on the remodel. Smoker is still scheduled to be delivered next week, but with the delay I don't know if the wall and enclosure for the smoker will be ready in time so that may even get pushed back.

I've got people beating down the door wanting to eat and I'm sitting here with my hands tied, so it sucks.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #293
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

It will all be worth it once it is done. Hang in there!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #294
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Sorry to hear that.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #295
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well I hope it all gets rolling soon for you.
Don't worry the wait will make people even more excited when you get open.
Looking forward to seeing you on opening day!!!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #296
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I've got people beating down the door wanting to eat and I'm sitting here with my hands tied, so it sucks.
And expenses continue to accumulate. You strike me as having a pretty good handle on the business side of things so I hope you have planned some cushion in your schedule and can afford to ride this out or otherwise take advantage of the delay.

In the mean time we're still cheering for you!

Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #297
CErnst
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Corey

Just finished reading the entire thread. Very very cool idea to put this out there. I'll be watching the thread for your open date. I used to live in Plymouth and occasionally go back from time to time. If i remember, I'll make a point of stopping by. I've started a BBQ tour list on evernote to help with the forgetting problem! Regardless, I want a shirt! I love supporting smaller shops that put a lot of work in it...and it is a cool design. Good luck.

Edit: Make sure you are registered on places like Google Maps, Yelp, UrbanSpoon. I worked at my current job for 5 years before I knew about a hidden gem in KC was literally just across the interstate tucked away in a shopping area...and on the way home. I also use maps to find good places to eat when out and about.

Last edited by CErnst; 09-25-2013 at 05:03 PM..
CErnst is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #298
Packmanjim
Full Fledged Farker

I am sure you will do great. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Smokey Joe mini
Smokin Cajun Gasser
Packmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #299
Chris89Stang
On the road to being a farker

Good luck with your restaurant.

I live about 2 hours north of Niles, in Grand Rapids. My wife and I have been known to travel for good food so we might have to check your place out when it opens.
Chris89Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #300
pitbossJB
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : el jefe

Good luck with everything, it looks like you are going to have a great place there! May all go smoothly from here on out. If there is a way to order your shirts, I would love to buy some and I hope to see your place one day. Good luck.

UDS with 007 mods and pizza top
Highly modified Bandera w/ griddle on firebox
Mini SJ/UDS
micro mini UDS
Smokey Joe's
1983 22.5" Weber kettle
pitbossJB is offline   Reply With Quote