2nd Brisket Smoke; Serve Time

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Now I know what a Flat and a Point is. Thanks to Big Mister for the video on trimming and many others on the procedure's, I am ready to try a Lo-n Slo 15lb'r.

I have seen the hot and fast, this just seems to take away the fun of real Q'n.

Sooo... My question to you all is, I know I want my Temp probe to slide in like butter and not go by time but feel.

What I need is a general rule of thumb of minutes per pound @ 225º +-. Just so I have a working idea of serving time. 20 minutes per lb or 60 minute per lb???

Thanks for the advice! :wink:

60 to 90 minutes per pound. On my UDS it's closer to the 60 minutes.

The general rule of beef is 1.5hrs at 225º However every cut of meat is different. some briskets will plateau with different time frames.

If you sear the brisket, The cook times will decrease dramatically.

Always cook to temp and not time.Time is only a guideline.

You can find more info on searing briskets here.

If you sear the brisket, The cook times will decrease dramatically.

Always cook to temp and not time.Time is only a guideline.

You can find more info on searing briskets here.

Wouldn't searing retard the ability to absorb smoke and also reduce the smoke ring? (The brisket in the link had very little evidence of a smoke ring.)

Wouldn't searing retard the ability to absorb smoke and also reduce the smoke ring? (The brisket in the link had very little evidence of a smoke ring.)
I'm thinking a brother could smoke the brisket for a couple of hours at low temp (for the smoke ring), then sear the crap out of it and proceed on with the cook.:mrgreen:

Yes and yes. But they do turn out mighty tasty like that. Not a traditional brisket, but delicious none the less.

Back