Venison medallions, venison moink(pron)

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I spent the better part of the morning butchering a big buck. The loins looked so good they got the wheels turning a bit. I sliced some nice medallions off and marinated them in some Zesty Italian. When I got down to the ground meat I thought I might as well try my hand at some moink balls. Hope y'all don't mind me calling them by that name. They look similar to the ones I have seen around here. Maybe the moink ball officials can determine if they qualify. I took about a pound of the 100% lean ground venison and combined it with one egg, some bread crumbs,thyme,chili powder,onion powder,garlic salt, cumin and black pepper. Wrapped them in bacon and smoked them with some cherry. Glazed with a mix of BBQ sauce,honey and Frank's Red Hot. Just a small batch for an experiment. They came out real good and even Mmma gave her approval.
After we ate the balls I put the medallions on and added a couple more chunks of cherry. 15 minutes to medium on a 350 degree fire.
Fork tender!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Looks good but I think the moink police might call them boink balls, or doink balls, you see what I'm saying?

Maybe the judge(s) will come on here soon and make a ruling on what they should be called. They turned out so well that I plan to make about a hundred for a Christmas party this weekend. I sure wouldn't want to be calling them by the wrong name.:biggrin:

Back