MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
hwy hawk
Knows what a fatty is.

Default ribs for 100

our annual bbq is coming up. they wanted to ad ribs to the menu. were also having hot dogs, hamburgers, saus & peppers, etc. how many slabs should cover this many people with this other food? also there was talk of paying me to smoke the ribs. whats a good price?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
jeffry1970
Full Fledged Farker

Will all 100 eat ribs? How many bones per person? Based on three bones per person you would need about 33 racks but that leaves no extra and gives you 99 three bone portions +/- a few
jeffry1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
hwy hawk
Knows what a fatty is.

Its just something to add to the menu. I'm sure not everyone will eat them. guessing maybe 60 people plus were going to place them at the end of the food line so there plates should be some what full and maybe enough room for one to try and if they like them to go for seconds after everyone had eaten.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I can't imagine myself getting less than $500
even if is 14 or 30 racks.
Not worth it, IMO.
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote