MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #46
ATLSean
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Just curious what all purpose rubs you use as a base rub even though you might add other spices also on a particular meat.

Mine is Jack Stack KC all purpose, it's great on pork, beef, poultry and fish. I'm really glad i ran across it...definitely a staple now for me. Just ordered their meat and poultry rub also today while i was re ordering.

I've heard good things about Big Poppas products too like his $ rub. I should probably order some Big Poppas since i use his drum just haven't done it yet.

What outstanding all purpose non homemade rubs do you love?!
I love the Jack Stack rubs, I like Cowtown too. Blues Hog ain't bad either. I'm a sucker for Midwest rubs.
ATLSean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #47
dummy que
Full Fledged Farker

Default favorite rubs

at the moment SMOKEN COALS or TEXAS BROTHERS
dummy que is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #48
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdtn View Post
Oakridge "Secret Weapon" and Plowboys "Yardbird"
These are going on the list for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSean View Post
I love the Jack Stack rubs, I like Cowtown too. Blues Hog ain't bad either. I'm a sucker for Midwest rubs.
Good to see some another Jack Stack fan... just simply good stuff.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #49
ATLSean
Full Fledged Farker

Check out The Kansas City BBQ Store online. It's the folks that run Oklahoma Joes in KC, they have an awesome selection of rubs and sauces. A lot are cheaper than Amazon. I like to make my own sauces, but I'm not there yet on rubs, so it's a great spot for me to find a lot of different rubs to try!
ATLSean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
rauljustice
Got Wood.

Simply marvelous apple , cherry
Yardbird
Gfs bbq rub

Old 10-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #51
mrbill
is one Smokin' Farker

my personal generic all purpose rub is equal parts salt/pepper/garlic/onion/paprika. depending on the meat/cook, add sugars or other spices to taste.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #52
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Prefer my own rubs, but I think I'll try a few of the highly recommended ones mentioned here to compare.
Cooking BBQ since 1971, seriously cooking BBQ since 1996, when I read Smoke and Spice.
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #53
plowin-fire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Simply Marvelous Rubs and OakRidge are always in my cupboards.

Big Poppa has a special on a selection of Simply Marvelous and his own rubs. It's really a good deal, check out his specials on the website..
That is a good deal. Ordered that and some more game changer. Gotta love that stuff.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #54
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
For you guys using brown sugar in a rub, how do you guys manage to keep the brown sugar from clumping in a rub? I never have good much getting it evenly distributed due to it's tendency to clump.
We have a 4-cup flour sifter but it plugs up with brown sugar. My wife's suggestion works great -- put the brown sugar in the food processor and beat the hell out of it.
Cooking BBQ since 1971, seriously cooking BBQ since 1996, when I read Smoke and Spice.
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
ChickenWang
Full Fledged Farker

I prefer my own rubs (K&G Seasonings)