PLEASE READ: BPSA(Brethren Public Service Announcement)—Topic—Hijacking in Q-Talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I’ll try to make this short and sweet Folks! The Moderating Team has noticed a considerable amount of hijacking in Q Talk. As a result, you will see a more proactive effort on our part to “cleanse” threads of “jacked" posts in order to get them back on topic. PLEASE, don’t get offended if your post gets scrubbed! We want to ensure that original posters get the answers, advice, or information they need. Secondly, “off topic” posts add up quickly and take up precious server space and slows forum response time. Plus, it takes longer to wade through the fluff and off topic banter in order to get to the question or matter at hand when a thread is riddled with off topic posts. As always, it would be very much appreciated if you would take a more pro-active approach in policing yourself and others when it comes to posting in Q Talk. That alone would make the task more manageable for us. Taking this approach will result in fewer posts being scrubbed and in fewer threads being moved to the Woodpile or elsewhere.
The header in Q Talk says it all:

"Q-talk*ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking."

Thanks!
YOUR Moderating Team

Last edited:
I really wanna post a joke or somthing off topic in this thread, but that would be bad. I thank you guys for your work and help. Continue making the brethren a place we can all use to learn.

I suppose I could point out that a topic about hijacking is technically off topic in Q-talk as it doesn't actually refer to "Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures...".

But I won't.

If you're looking for me I'll be in the penalty box waiting for this post to disappear. You know I have the utmost respect for the moderators on this forum, but I just couldn't resist... :becky:

HA HA HA HA!! Buncha smartasses!!!
Only on THIS site would people actually hijack a thread in Q-Talk with ON topic posts about an off topic discussion......or are they still OFF topic since they aren't about hijacking? OR....are they.....

OH....never mind.

Seriously....gotcha mods. :thumb:

:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what a thread looks like when it's been scrubbed!!:mod: We always have the last word...........err, post!:becky:

Bob

Buncha smart arses!!!:laugh:

Ok, I give. Will do.:becky:

Me too, now that I've felt the post-erasing wrath of BobBrisket. I'll be good from here on out.

Please don't sic Jorge on me, or tell Poohbah that I've been bad...

Me too, now that I've felt the post-erasing wrath of BobBrisket. I'll be good from here on out.

Please don't sic Jorge on me, or tell Poohbah that I've been bad...
I think I've only been modded by Bob. He's diligent, but fair.:thumb:

Ah, but if in the future one of my threads gets mini jacked, can you let those be? I take no offense to an occasional altered course.

Wow,my first scrubbing! No more troublemaking here.
Where is the crossed finger emoticon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back