• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$1.99 a pound ?

R

RazBarlow

$1.99 a pound good for Brisket ? Just wondering if this is the going rate or a good price ? And it is for a 10 pounder.
Thanks,
Raz

That is pretty much the going price down here at the BIG stores.

Weiser

yeah, but depends where you are at, and what grade. In the summer months It is not uncommon for $1/$2 lb Choice here. I can usually get CAB for 1.50lb all summer long. Last summer I bought choice packer for.89 cents lb, doesnt get better than that. Its a regional thang

That'd be a super price around here. Brisket goes for dang near $4/pound most of the time in the St. Louis area.

If any of you other folks knows a good place to buy packers at a decent price besides the restaurant depot in the St. Louis area let me know...

That'd be a super price around here. Brisket goes for dang near $4/pound most of the time in the St. Louis area.

If any of you other folks knows a good place to buy packers at a decent price besides the restaurant depot in the St. Louis area let me know...

Got one at Wal-Mart for $1.89 about a month ago.

Went and picked it up this afternoon.It is a 10 pounder . This will be my first brisket , the weather is suppose to be crappy this weekend so I probably won't do it until the middle of next week or next weekend . Is it ok to freeze a brisket or does it change the way it tastes ?
Thanks,
Raz

Dont freeze it, just keep it in the fridge...it will be fine

What he said.:!:
Don't freeze it for a week. It will take it two days to thaw.
I have held them two weeks in the fridge without problems
providing it is vacuum packed.

Weiser

Dont freeze it, just keep it in the fridge...it will be fine

It says sell before april 4th and yes it is vacuumed packed . Will I still be ok, if I smoke it sometime next week ?
Thanks,
Raz

I paid 2.96/lb for CAB flats today at Sams...

Choice packers were 1.68/lb...

At the grocery store choice CAB packers were 1.99 last week...

Back