MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Default pork loin 2nd attempt.

Did a pork loin. second time I do it and it tasted good. This is what I did....Brined for 4 hours, seasoned with webers montreal steak seasoning and onion and garlic powder. Smoked at 250-275 until temp hit 150 and rested for 20 minutes. I used 2 chunks of hickory.

Im not good at making a plate look nice and pretty but here it is..

I know its not BBQ but someone could use this recipe??I don tknow just in case here it is....my recipe for onion rice...

added onion and rice with a little oil and browned the rice..

Added 1 1/2 cups of water and 8oz of tomato sauce and chopped 1 tomato and 1 tbs of oregano, 1tbs of chicken bullion.. bring to a boil for 5 minutes and simmer in low heat for 20-25 minutes.

Thanks for looking...

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great looking pork. Looks very juicy. Thanks for the rice recipe.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
tarheelsmoker
Full Fledged Farker

Default pork loin 2nd attempt.

Very nice! I love that rice recipe too. I use something very similar when we have enchiladas.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Nice work looks fantastic.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
jmoney7269
Banned

Noce lookin cook! I use a similar rice recipe also + carrots. We just call it Mexican rice. Did you notice any difference in flavor from the brine?
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Very nice looking pork loin! And a nice plate to boot, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

Looks awesome! I'd be all over that plate! You did that Pork Loin justice!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
Noce lookin cook! I use a similar rice recipe also + carrots. We just call it Mexican rice. Did you notice any difference in flavor from the brine?
Not really. I'm guessing if I had injected the loin it would of made a difference.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

I'll take a plate please!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
BobM
Babbling Farker

Default Re: pork loin 2nd attempt.

Looks great!

Sent from my Android phone.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #11
Tommyboy48
Full Fledged Farker

Great job! I need to try a loin on the PCC.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

Looks good! Thanks for the recipe
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Looks good. Actually It looks GREAT! Now, do you wanna go push the envelope? These loins are cheap these days so it can be a fav tweaked a bit. And it looks like you have the skills to take this all the way, man.

Let me make a point here about something I am discovering. I make them two ways and many on here have seen them in my videos "Hoochie Coochie Loinbacks" and the newer one "Popdaddy's Easy Stuffed Loins." The HC loins are very complex because you have to butterfly, marinate the meat, make the stuffing, wrap and tie then smoke. They are good, don't get me wrong but damn.. try doing 60 of them!!!! I do charity stuff.

Anyway, the OTHER type, the one where I stuff it with a rather frozen sausage... now that I like best. Not because it looks rather strange on film and not necessarily because I can knock 20 out in about 15 minutes with a helper. BUT because I have been experimenting with different types of sausage. The other day I came across the BEST! IMHO.

It was a chirizo sausage wrapped up like a chub in a plastic casing that supposed to come off when you prepare it. Now of course typically there is no way you can stuff that as it will turn into mush as you stuff it in the cavity.

BUT... freeze it and it goes in perfectly - like a veeery long suppository. Now the video shows just a regular ole sausage. I have been brining these, then cutting the hole... and THEN adding a little tiny extra cut to slip in some garlic confit, aka Spanish Castle Magic, (small batch at 4:55 in video if you don't wanna make a whole crockpot of it. Transversely on top of the sausage as I stick it in. I have tried to NOT brine them too and doing this. I can't decide which I like best.

The robustly flavored chirizo and garlic confit does two things. It flavors the inside of this rather bland meat (due to the limited fat) AND baths it in fat because there is no casing.

It also keeps it from overcooking. I am not seeing much difference in between one in which the sausage has thawed and the one that has the sausage frozen inside and tossed on the smoker. Probably because it thaws pretty quickly. I assumed there would be a slight advantage to the frozen stuffing because it would lower the temp a bit. But I see no difference.

I hope this blabbing on about Loins is helpful to anyone who loved this cut. Esp since its cheap. By the way.. the garlic is stellar.
Facebook

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 02-26-2013 at 06:30 AM..
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote