• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Comment card question

Lion Bout The Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I recieved a comment card at Quincy this weekend.It said very good but a little salty. Then it had my scores for that judge 9 8 8 and it was for ribs.Well on my "official scores " for Ribs I had no judge that gave me 9 8 8 and it also had our team # the same as our box #.I thought it was double blind and a judge wouldn't see the first # on the box that was given to us. Were those my scores and they didn't make it in right or was it someone else's comment card?:icon_bugeyed

I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. I took it to the rep and inquired and they said the judge probably wrote down the wrong team number. In your case the rep could have easily mixed up your original number with your blind number--in that case the card should have gone to the team with the same alternate number as your original. Either way, as in my case, there probably isn't a way to know for sure.

I recieved a comment card at Quincy this weekend.It said very good but a little salty. Then it had my scores for that judge 9 8 8 and it was for ribs.Well on my "official scores " for Ribs I had no judge that gave me 9 8 8 and it also had our team # the same as our box #.I thought it was double blind and a judge wouldn't see the first # on the box that was given to us. Were those my scores and they didn't make it in right or was it someone else's comment card?:icon_bugeyed

This is the second time I've heard this about the same comp. You might want to contact the Rep. and see if you can get an answer.

Interesting... We received a comment card that had a score that didn't match any of our scores for that meat as well. Our card had the same team number as is shown on the score sheets, so if it was intended for another team then the judge wrote the wrong number on the slip.

Hearing about this twice at the same competition makes me wonder if there is a process in place to review the scores from a competition. Does any one know?

Every competitors worst nightmare. Head Judges/Referees should be anal retentive
on checking these when turned in to make certain they reference the correct Q
being judged.

Interesting... We received a comment card that had a score that didn't match any of our scores for that meat as well. Our card had the same team number as is shown on the score sheets, so if it was intended for another team then the judge wrote the wrong number on the slip.

Hearing about this twice at the same competition makes me wonder if there is a process in place to review the scores from a competition. Does any one know?
Ron, you can contact KCBS. This topic came up this weekend. Not sure who it was, but they received all the scores from that table from all six judges.

Back