• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Recipe: Daddio-Fil-A (pic)

Nice looking sandwich Daddio... Could also double as a buffalo chicken sandwich once rolled in wing sauce etc... Buttermilk is excellent for making flours stick... I usually soak in buttermilk with seasonings and toss in self rising flour, but cook at a slighty lower temp to give it a flaky, crisp, and light crust if coating. Your making me hungry! :-D

Oooh you need your own Blog, or TV show or BOTH...........YEAH Thanks.

Along with Cowgirl (Jeanie) John has probably one of the best two blogs that's posted here. If you haven't tried his turkey brine or his New Years stew your way way missing out. Plus his mushroom pinwheels and now this.

Along with Cowgirl (Jeanie) John has probably one of the best two blogs that's posted here. If you haven't tried his turkey brine or his New Years stew your way way missing out. Plus his mushroom pinwheels and now this.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

John

Thinking about maybe giving this a whirl. Just curious as to the purpose of the part where you cut the breasts in half width-wise after pounding. Is this to make the 2 breasts into 4 portions or is there something else here I am missing?

Ok, tried this today and have to say it is quite good as you would expect from anything from John. Now, I can't say that it was exactly like C-F-A but I can hardly blame John or the recipe. I did a couple things differently including increasing the recipe by 1.5x for 4 breasts that were smashed and trimmed to make nuggets along with the patties. I also cheated and used a deep fryer which had both pros and cons. Also, the chicken ended up sitting in the marinade for almost 24 hours which could cause some of the flavor differences.

A few things I learned. There was a lot of lingering hot sauce flavor (possibly from the long marinade), especially on the nuggets. They were still delicious but just something to note if you have people who may not like the extra heat and flavor. Second, I will definitely get the chicken thinner next time. I don't think the breasts I started with were that big but I did have some issues with getting the chicken done before the breading started to burn. Finally, make more than you think you want to eat, especially if you make nuggets. I cooked up 4 breasts worth of food for just two of us and we went through two sandwiches and a good chunk of the nuggets.

Anyway, this one is a winner and will be repeated over and over again.

IMG_2075.jpg

Just a little mayo on a buttered, toasted bun (forgot to get pickles mod)

IMG_2077.jpg

I'm glad you liked it. I should have mentioned that my recipe
is my version of their spicy sandwich.

John

Last edited:
Back