MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
foppa78
On the road to being a farker

Default White smoke today

Usually my kamado settles in with a nice thin blue smoke but today it was nothing but puffy white smoke the full 6 hours. Not sure why.
foppa78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

Unclean burn rate is most likely the culprit. Using the same fuel as always? Might be wet or moist, which is what causes white smoke in my stuff. Also using too much or wet smoking wood will do the same. Good luck. Steve.
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
wtxsmoker
Full Fledged Farker

Default white smoke

IMHO - Wood just did not catch fire (flame) could be intake problem, green (wet) wood. You know stuff happens occassionally
wtxsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppa78 View Post
Usually my kamado settles in with a nice thin blue smoke but today it was nothing but puffy white smoke the full 6 hours. Not sure why.

^ +1 could be wet or an unclean burn as mentioned above.

But if you have drippings that are hitting the coals this could also cause the problem. The drippings won't make the food bitter, it will just make smoke and maybe next time fashion a drip pan if there is room.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

High humidity and cooler temps will give you that until things warm up. They call that steam or so I'm tole.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Brizz
Full Fledged Farker

I'm with Blu, seems like it has to be from high humidity and cold temps. I would think that at some point in the 6 hours the burn would settle in and produce some thin blue if it was a burn problem. I always get white for the first 45 minutes while my smoker is heating up. And I'm always hoping like hell no one is up yet judging me.
Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
And I'm always hoping like hell no one is up yet judging me.

HAHA!! Kinda reminds me of my neighbor that always goes out and starts up his grill for burgers like 15 minutes before its time to eat. He owns stock in lighter fluid... Not sayin that you do that, just made me think of that guy...
TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote