Facebook Rant - My Least Favorite Posts

Some of the ones that drive me most nuts.

“What temp to I pull my brisket or butt off at”
I see it asked over and over and most groups have search features

“ I’m going with texas style rub”
Then name off the 14 spices being added to the salt and pepper for “just a little extra flavor”

I’ve deleted many groups I came across where people bash each other over what others enjoy or just give a lot of bad advise. I like this site better than most FB groups, better knowledge here and less arguing

I'll jump in.. I am part of the Grilla Grillz FB Group.. I don't use FB but to contact specific people on there via message.. This goes for just about any thing.. my biggest annoyance I have with the most that deals with anything "learning" related.. is the constant asking of the same exact question 15 million times a day.. If a person is a member of these groups.. Wouldn't they see previous posts about it before making their own post?

I try to make each post interesting, entertaining, and informative.. even if I'm asking a dumb question.. LOL

:drama: :pound:

B, I think you are too stressed! Yes there is a lot of things people can find out. However, IMnotalwaysHO, people ask those questions for conversation and conformation of information in the realm of a bunch of people who have a similar hobby. I love the guy in the North Texas BBQ who asked this morning "how long do I thaw a turkey". Things like that have to be done in fun, or stupidity. I made a silly comment and rolled on. Sometimes it's hard to know. Anyway, go get a sweet tea, beer, or bourbon and try to enjoy the day!!

I understand frustration, but many of these people asking dumb questions and have no idea what they're doing. I'd rather help out than not

also realize there is conflicting information across internet. fat side up, fat side down. I know a guy who says you're an idiot if you trim brisket at any level.

FB in general sucks, but I much prefer dumb questiosn about cooking over most of nonsense I see

I've been FaceBook-free since '93. This site is my primary social media, where I can gather with like-minded individuals and we can have civil debates on the important issues of the day, such as:

- What color thermopen is fastest?
- Should you coat chicken with mayo before smoking or grilling?
- Do you have what it takes to be a certified Moink-baller?
- What is up with the damn squirrels?
- Should all fatty's be naked?

Forgot about coating everything in Mayo - That's a great one!!!

Back