Hot Sausage Sandwich?

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
I love the hot sausage sandwich you get at the fair, I pay the price of admission just to get them and want to make my own.

By make I just mean want to get that end result, not necessarily make my own sausage although I do have a meat grinder and sausage stuffer I used to use when processing my deer.

I have grilled sausages before, but just never seem to get that same results and figure someone on here must know how to do it. :p

When they do them, it's usually on a griddle, with the juices from the onion and peppers. That might have something to do with it. They are always good tho.

Always on a griddle every time I've seen it done. I also go to fairs just for a sausage sandwich. Always bypass the Que places (unless I know and trust them) in favor of a sausage sandwich. Let me know how yours turn out.

I've only seen them on a griddle too, and I also see them put a little oil on the griddle and then when the stuff is getting good and hot I usually see them squeeze a little water on from a squeeze bottle making it sizzle like mad. Might be part of the magic.

ive done plenty of street fairs, all griddle for the sausages. We par cook them in the oven, fill the griddle with sausage onions and peppers, and hit it with some beer for the sizzle, comes out great every year.

Back