Another Brick Pit Build

BrewerDJ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I have started my Brick Pit Build...finally. This is based off of Wilbur D. Hog and a few others with mods. I am incorporating a fireplace/grill & a second smoke chamber for cold smoking. I don't have any CAD or other computer drawings to put here. Everything is just hand drawn (badly). Yesterday we (me & my smoking buddy, Jeff) finished digging out the foundation and got that blocked and cemented.

This is the space dug out.
100_1761.jpg

This is leveling the trenches for the block.
100_1763.jpg

This is Jeff putting the last block in place.
100_1764.jpg

This is driving all the rebar stakes in.
100_1766.jpg

A close up of the rebar. Those thing are hard to drive in.
100_1767.jpg

This is a old pork shoulder bone from a previous BBQ.
100_1768.jpg

We anointed the bone with a little sauce and stuck it in one of the blocks. And then encased it on concrete. For good luck.:pray:
100_1770.jpg

This is all the blocks filled.
100_1771.jpg

And this is the finished foundation. It is 8 feet by 4 feet. The finished BBQ Station will be 88 inches by 40 inches. Not exactly sure about the height yet.
100_1773.jpg

And this is where we scratched our initials and a little proverb.:thumb:
100_1774.jpg

Nice, I like the start, looks like it is nicely crafted.

That looks like it will be really nice. Looking forward to more Pics as you progress

I think it would look better in my backyard. Please relocate before finishing, thanks. :p

Looks good :thumb:

excellent start, I am familiar with the "Wilber" model. Would love to have one myself someday. The bone in the foundation is awesome.

I'm going to have follow this one along, thanks,:thumb:

Off to a good beginning. I laughed when I saw the bone, nice touch. Though it kind of looks human now that I mention it. :wink:
Just think that if decades down the road, someone does a demo and comes across this cemented bone what they will be thinking!

Looks awesome! Love the idea of pork shoulder bone for luck. Anyway you can attach your drawings?

Looks great. Thanks for posting the pix. I hope you keep us updated.

I appreciate the comments and the interest. I will be posting pictures along the way. I'm gonna try and clean up the "sketches" I have and scan them in. It's mostly in my head. I'll also post a sheet of parts and costs as I go along. The best pictures should be of my ugly welding.:redface:

Back