• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

.50 Cent Tour of the EDS

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Thought I would try to get some pics of the EDS (Ed's damn smoker,Ed's smoker,Ed's Drum Smoker,etc.).
I'll try posting and if it goes well will post the rest soon.

Attachments

• 12C1802E-A684-6689-B50A442BA464279B.jpg
    12C1802E-A684-6689-B50A442BA464279B.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,994
Reminds me of a 55 gallon drum.

2 elec. outlets, no vents, no doors

Hmmm. what does it do?

Don't think I'll try to take that on an airplane. IED mod.

If you have a couple of hot water heater laying around
pit1.jpg

Jeez, haven't you ever seen a blank canvas before? You need air Bigmista? There are 4- 7/8" holes for intake closeable with Zinc plated bolts. The fire box door make the fire box fully accessable and closes up mighty tight.
The grill supports have a saftey tang on the end to keep the grate from ever shifting (again). I have the cover done with 8- 1/2" holes closed off with threaded plugs. Goal is to have the bugs out of it and repainted and ready for a Labor Day cook with all the family. We'll see, work keeps getting in the way.
ModelMaker
By the way if none of the pictures show up I'll redo later, I'm pretty green at this picture posting.

Attachments

• EDS Door.JPG
    EDS Door.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 1,922
  • EDS Fire Box.JPG
    EDS Fire Box.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,919
  • EDS Fire Chamber.JPG
    EDS Fire Chamber.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,913
  • EDS Guts.JPG
    EDS Guts.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 1,907
Now you are talkin!!

Are you going to have a second grate?

Are you just going to turn the whole thing over to dump the ash, or will you scoop it out thru the door?

Yeah there are supports for two racks and figured I'd pry just vacum out the bottom with the shop vac, or make a round ended scoop.
I'm havin a heck of a time finding a new Weber lid. Anybody know of a source? I can't even seem to get one from Weber as a replacement type thingie.
ModelMaker

ModelMaker said:
Yeah there are supports for two racks and figured I'd pry just vacum out the bottom with the shop vac, or make a round ended scoop.
I'm havin a heck of a time finding a new Weber lid. Anybody know of a source? I can't even seem to get one from Weber as a replacement type thingie.
ModelMaker

Warning will robinson!!!!

Shop vacs without the filter bag EXPEL ALL ASH thru the exhaust vents coating everything in the immediate area with a layer of dust.. including lawn chairs, pets and tables.

Not that I ever did that.. :oops: :cool:

Looks like a BDS on Steroids!!! I have cooked on a BDS and what you have created is much more versatile. I like the side door.

Me Too!!

Bigmista said:
I just bought a used weber kettle on craig's list.

Got mine last week (Friday) and it had the holders to put charcoal in on the sides for indirect grilling. I have already done chicken on it, and steaks are marinating right now for a run tonight.

Now I find myself looking into peoples backyards while driving around.
There's one, there's an almost new one !!! Must control the urge.
ModelMaker

ModelMaker said:
Now I find myself looking into peoples backyards while driving around.
There's one, there's an almost new one !!! Must control the urge.
ModelMaker

I have found myself doing that too.saw a banged up rusty looking bullett style one beside the road the other day...not near a house either. I almost went back and picked it up but I drive a car and it would dirty/stink up the whole car.

Back