• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Noob: best place to buy ceramic knives

Got mine from amazon(Kyocera). Have used them once and they were awesome
I got Kyocera at Amazon as well and I like them a lot. But they're not throw aways.

Newegg has a couple pages of various brand ceramic knives including a 3 knife house brand set for $33.

What is the best place to buy cheap, throw away ceramic knives?

I see that you are new here let me be the first to say hello and welcome.

Can you give an idea what price range and what style you are looking for.
One persons throw away might be someone else's top end.

I have a set of German Boker ceramic knives..Certainly not throwaway (yes they can be resharpened) Have used them for over 5 years now, haven't had them sharpened yet. They aren't cheap however.

A buddy gave me a (cheapy) Harbor Frieght knife a few years ago, and I love it to this day.
Although, dropping it will chip the blade. Fortunately, the chips we've gotten in our are all grouped togther, so it acts like it's a serated knife, so I guess all's well. haha

Pretty sure costco had a really inexpensive set last time i was there- cheaper than amazon I think.

Harbor freight is pretty cheap. If they ever get dull, just buy new ones. 5 years and sharp as new, but there is something about working with steel. I don't use them often.

I got Kyocera at Amazon as well and I like them a lot. But they're not throw aways.

Newegg has a couple pages of various brand ceramic knives including a 3 knife house brand set for $33.
Good point, I read the post wrong

I went to harbor freight and bought a couple for ten bucks each. they were _exactly_ what I was looking for.

Thank you so much for all the replies, and for making a noob feel welcome.

Back