A-Maze-N smoker tube

Firetaz70

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have an old Kingsford KB800 with a firebox. I bought this A-Maze-N tube and I have no idea where to place it in my cooking chamber. Company recommends not to place it above or adjacent to the fire that comes into the chamber. I thought I could put it close to the end, but that's where the smoke stack is. Wouldn't the smoke from the tube go right out the smoke stack if I did that?

I have an old Kingsford KB800 with a firebox. I bought this A-Maze-N tube and I have no idea where to place it in my cooking chamber. Company recommends not to place it above or adjacent to the fire that comes into the chamber. I thought I could put it close to the end, but that's where the smoke stack is. Wouldn't the smoke from the tube go right out the smoke stack if I did that?

If you have the proper air flow, then yes most of it would go right out the stack. Put the thing down by the firebox...but if it makes everybody happy, don't put it right in the middle where your heat comes from. Place it on the front or back edge and smoke away.

I have neither the smoker you stated or one of those smoke tube things so take my advise for what it's worth...

Not sure what your goal is... if there's a firebox I'd assume you'd be burning a fire and have no need for the tube. If you're cold smoking I highly recommend you place the tube in the firebox itself - get it as far away from the food as possible. That thing will generate some serious smoke and can overpower the food if you're not careful.

If I'm totally off base on your application then disregard. :thumb:

Well if all else fails I will give it to someone and go with my first choice of using the chunks

I do agree that if you have a firebox, what is the reason you aren't burning wood? If your plan is to burn coals, I would suggest you toss a chunk on every now & then.

But to each his/her own. If the tube is for you, then I wish you great success!

... Wouldn't the smoke from the tube go right out the smoke stack if I did that?
An ounce of data outweighs a pound of opinions from SGOTI. Just try a few configurations and see what works best.

i decided to use wood chunks as planned, but I like your idea of putting it in the firebox and using it for cold smoking only. Thanks brother.

I have one and love it, but only use it on a gas grill or my pellet grill.

Back