Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin in Steele, Owatonna MN. June 3-4/2011

carlyle

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This will be our 4 th annual KCBS sanctioned State Championship contest to benefit Owatonna Special Olympics at the Steele County Fairgrounds in Owatonna, Minnesota.

$10,000 purse - paying to 10th place each category plus laser engraved black granite awards.

Ancillary category is Anything Butt 50-50 to winner.

Kids Q is new this year - we furnish meat plus grills from EZ Grills

We feature: available 110 v/ 20 amp electricity,convenient water, indoor bathrooms and showers, level sites with your choice of size , asphalt or grass sites, reliable trash removal, and cheap ice. Free breakfast Sat a.m.

There is still room for you. Go to: www.smokininsteele.com for apps and details.

Who is coming to join in the fun?

The Jedi (Big T'z) will be there trying to prevent Darth Vader and the rest of the Dark Side (Smokin Joe and TippyCanoe) from total control of the galaxy (winning Owatonna for the third year in a row). Maybe I had too much coffee today...:laugh:

The Jedi (Big T'z) will be there trying to prevent Darth Vader and the rest of the Dark Side (Smokin Joe and TippyCanoe) from total control of the galaxy (winning Owatonna for the third year in a row). Maybe I had too much coffee today...:laugh:

Ryan ,I will try to help but ya know Joe he gets it in his head he needs ta win... Entry comin at ya Carlyle.:icon_shy

The gauntlet has been thrown!!

Dark Side? Hans Solo? Here I thought you were talking about the AR.

Oh well, all you Jedi's are most welcome.

The gauntlet has been thrown!!

Dark Side? Hans Solo? Here I thought you were talking about the AR.

Oh well, all you Jedi's are most welcome.

I kinda like cookin from THE DARK SIDE at the Royal.We found good neighbors and as long as ya gotta cook friday nite the people watchin is pretty good.:becky:

Thinking we are going to send in an app. for this one....that would make three in a row....gonna need to find some reserve help!!!

Looking forward to it:-D Glad you guys will be around to see the awesome three-peat trophy the Owatonna boys had made up for me:tongue:

Seriously though, this is a great contest and I hope to see you all there. These guys do a great job o taking care of the cooks!!

IF you have time the lawnmower tractor pulls Saturday night are awesome. Our entire crew will be camping Saturday night...win lose or draw it will be one heck of a good time!

I'll be there to judge :-D
Hope to meet some of you after.
I've been counting the days!!

Swine Assassins will be there too

Sounds like a great competition. Scott and I and the ladies..... will be there. May have to see if we can talk the ladies into staying overnight for the party.......

Good luck everyone...

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

For those staying over, there is a great lineup of Blues Bands in our Beer Garden

on both Friday night and Saturday afternoon and night.

Smokin Joe is right about the modified garden tractor pull. It is a great show that you will hear and see.

All of this will compliment what ever party plans you may have.

Kids Q

I have an update on our Kids Q that is part of Smokin in Steele.

Besides having donated meat and grills furnished by EZ Grill, there
has been enough donated sponsorships for the Kids Q that we can eliminate the entry fee.

That's right! Kids Q at Smokin in Steele is free. We have space for 28 young cooks from ages 7 to 15. The younger cooks will be cooking hamburger, the older cooks will be cooking steak.

If you are coming to Smokin in Steele and are bringing family who would like to participate, I urge you to file an application soon. I am sure we will fill up fast.

Applications are at: www.smokininsteele.com

The Half Baked BBQ Crew will be there with their new rig thanks to Parret Head Smokers and BigBubba's Roadhouse. This will be our first comp of the season and in the new rig.:pray: Hope everything goes well.

Back