MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Default The "PIGGLES" Challenge! PRIZES INSIDE!

It's been a while since I've given anything away here at the Brethren and I feel it's time now!

Here is the challenge - Create the best "PIGGLES" PRON ever to win the first ever "PIGGLES" Master of the Universe award! as well as win a custom designed BBQ Branding Iron from Huntingdon County Customs LLC valued at over $55!

Rules? Only a few!

#1 - PRON must be submitted to be considered! 2 Pictures for each competitor are required. One of the creation in the most seductive
"PIGGLES" pose you can create. One of the creation being enjoyed by at least 1 person. Bonus points for creativity!

#2 - Recipe must be submitted to me. If you would like your recipe to stay secret, PM it to me.

#3 -
"PIGGLES" must be made in an outdoor cooking method using either propane, natural gas, charcoal, wood, or a hydrogen bomb (if it's Jorge we are talking about!) NO MICROWAVE, OVEN, TOASTER, GEORGE FOREMAN will be accepted! If you submit a "PIGGLES" concoction in a non-"PIGGLES" sanctioned method, you will be disqualified, laughed at, your birthday will be taken away, and you will be forced to sing Boy George tunes at any BBQ Competition by any other participant in The "PIGGLES" Challenge!

#4 - Have fun!
"PIGGLES" are fun to make, fun to eat, fun to say!

Where do I submit? Good question! Just post it in this thread and don't forget the required material outlined in the rules!

How do I make
"PIGGLES" ? I'm glad you asked!

1. First, take whole pickles and split them down the middle and scoup out the seeds making a "boat".
  2. Next, mix up your own stuffing from any version or style of pig or other animal and cheese so long as the ratio is at least 51% pig.
  3. Now wrap your stuffed pickle boat in bacon in any method you would like so long as the bacon is pig.
  4. Finish the bacon wrapped stuffed pickle boat by sprinkling with your favorite bbq rub or sauce and cooking in a high heat until bacon crisps.
  5. Allow a moment to cool by grabing your favorite beverage. If you followed every step, you now have "PIGGLES" !

***IMPORTANT!!***
If you are a "PIGGLES" virgin, you must eat your 1st "PIGGLES" whole in one bite! (you can't be a "PIGGLE" and not eat something like a pig!)

Contest begins now! Submissions MUST be in no later than 8pm July 6th (for 4th of July
"PIGGLES" submissions). Judging will take place between July 6th and 9th. Contest winner will be announced July 10th!

Goodluck & have fun!

-Brian

Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

This should get interesting!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
StayDown

what is in the one shown in the pic?? It looks so delicious my mouth was watering uncontrollably.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

The one in the pic is a dill pickle with chopped cheddar brat and cheese wrapped in bacon seasoned with yardbird.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
StayDown

I am thinking about doing this. These look delicious. Now I just hace to figure out what meat I want to use on the inside.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
StayDown

Going to be doing these on Saturday I think. So to get this right, I need to submit two pics...one with the piggle looking it's best, dressed for success so to speak...the next with someone enjoying the piggle?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayDown View Post
Going to be doing these on Saturday I think. So to get this right, I need to submit two pics...one with the piggle looking it's best, dressed for success so to speak...the next with someone enjoying the piggle?
You got it! The more people enjoying (in the same pic), the more bonus points!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
StayDown

That might be tough for me. It is usually just the wife and I at the house.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

weekend bump!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
MountainCityOutlaw
On the road to being a farker

Piggles v1.0

After much debating with the wife on what we should use to stuff the Piggles with. We( I mean she ) decided to try something that was different but unique, I guess.

Took the pickles and sliced in half and scraped out to make a crater for the filling. Then we proceeded to to make the filling bu taking a package of cream cheese into the food processor with a package of ranch dressing mix, 1 tbls of bbq rub( Texas BBQ Wild) and a couple of splashes of woo-woo. We mixed it up nice and smooth and comenced the stuffing of the piggles, then wrapped with wright bacon and sprinkled with more rub.

I put a chimney of k in the grill and put the little piggles in a nice warm place to get the bacon nice and crisp. Cooked about 20 mins or so or 3 adult beverages( I was thirsty OK). Pulled and the rest is in pictures. I did make some chorizo and cheese dip to snack on.

P.S the piggles needed something a little more to over power the pickle twang, but of i grilled or qu'ed it, I will eat it!!!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Okay, I lOVE pickles, but didn't know what to expect in terms of flavor from a PIGGLE. Mine had provolonge, and deli ham, bacon, and dusted with Pappy's Hot Rub. My 1 year old daughter and I devoured them. I also drizzled a little bit of Big Z's Honey Mustard in the pickle to add some sweetness to the sour. FARK, these are good. I'll be making a batch for dad tomorrow!!!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #12
LT72884
Babbling Farker

There is no way i could eat those. LOL, i have a hard enough time with pickles in the first place. Dont get me wrong, i love dill pickles so long as they are very small and extremely crunchy. If they are soft and not crispy, i wont eat it. haha

Old 06-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Great start on the pron!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
ljh34465
is one Smokin' Farker

Hey, MCO, how about the recipe for the chorizo/cheese snack - looked great. (Well the rest of it did too but that piqued my interest)

And BTW, where is Santa Anna, TX??
ljh34465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
Okay, I lOVE pickles, but didn't know what to expect in terms of flavor from a PIGGLE. Mine had provolonge, and deli ham, bacon, and dusted with Pappy's Hot Rub. My 1 year old daughter and I devoured them. I also drizzled a little bit of Big Z's Honey Mustard in the pickle to add some sweetness to the sour. FARK, these are good. I'll be making a batch for dad tomorrow!!!
So far, Bob got it by the stem of his kosher dill.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote