• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bork butt stalled- help please.

jorrflv

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have cooked many a pork butts. I foiled this one at the typical stall at 165. Now it has stalled out at 185. Has been sitting there for about 2 hours. Usually my butts power right through once they are foiled. Any suggestions?

I had a problem like this last week, and it wasn't a stall- the food probe was just touching the foil.

Pop it up to 325 and it will pull out of the stall and get done.

Was shooting for 5:00 company coming at 6:00. I don't want to be That guy who makes everyone wait for the Q.

Then, in that case, I recommend 350F. It really doesn't matter once you foil the butt.

Was shooting for 5:00 company coming at 6:00. I don't want to be That guy who makes everyone wait for the Q.

Pick up some of that Oscar Meyer pulled pork for anyone who gets impatient. Feed the rest the good stuff while you point and laugh at those who couldn't wait. They'll learn!

If it's bone in, check to see how loose the bone is. If it's boneless, check for probe tenderness. I tend to not trust therms.

I cook mine at 300 no foil and there is no stall put the pedal to the metal

Just crank up the heat - it won't hurt this late in the cook.

Plus, THEY CAN WAIT A BIT - better late than not done.

Just cranked it up. Here is where I am at now.
quby7egu.jpg

And you're sure the probe isn't touching anything but the meat (and absolutely not touching the foil)? That's right where mine hovers at when the probe hits the foil.

Back