Competitor vs. Master Division (KCBS) -

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Can someone please clarify what Competitor and Master division is all about (or any other divisions) that general members may not be aware of yet ?

MilitantSquatter said:
Can someone please clarify what Competitor and Master division is all about (or any other divisions) that general members may not be aware of yet ?

Master Series BBQ contests as you know them, wood or charcoal only as fuel supply.

This competition because that is not the case it will be in the Competitor Series or contests other than those that qualify in the Master Series.

I'm sorry, call if you feel it will help.
Jim
253-377-1643

jminion said:
I'm sorry, call if you feel it will help.
Jim
253-377-1643
no offense brother you are better explaining it all here or you are going to end up on the phone forever! LOL
I am confused too.
Are these classes just for this one comp?

The KCBS is just cover all bases so that it stays the largest sanctioning body around. With the new series, the group putting it on can adapt rules for there intentions. Like a car company wanting to use gasser. Make since now Jeff.

SP said:
The KCBS is just cover all bases so that it stays the largest sanctioning body around. With the new series, the group putting it on can adapt rules for there intentions. Like a car company wanting to use gasser. Make since now Jeff.

So nothing about most contests we do locally will be any different?

Jeff_in_KC said:
So nothing about most contests we do locally will be any different?

Jeff
That is correct, they will not change, you will be cooking in the Master series, as we have know them for years.

Let me jump in here for a minute:
This discussion came up a year ago, at my first board meeting. I was floored and shocked. The end of KCBS was near, and I would the guy on the bomb riding it down, cowboy hat and all...(remember Dr. Goodlove!!!)

But then I realized that if we don't do it, someone else will. The purpose is to be able to have non traditional contest such as: an all grill contest, an all gas contest, an all seafood cook on anything but masters contest, and the like.

So hence, Masters will the traditional rules, points and everything remain the same that you have been competiting in for years.

Competitive will not be for points, or part of the Masters. It is designed to be everything but!!!! Hence the all gas.

Now do we have this all figured out... NO WAY.
Is this the best idea since sliced bread..., I dont know, might be or not.
Will be continue this or write it off as a bad idea Maybe or not.

But at least it will be interesting to watch and see what happens.
I hope this helps.
Merl

This has got me wondering... what was the best thing BEFORE we had sliced bread?

OK I understand now... thanks Jim and Merl! I'm glad you guys are Brethren!

Back