MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #241
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
All details should be forthcoming fairly soon.
Howz that for fairly soon?
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #242
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Default Grilling

What sort of containers are the competitors being given for the grilling comp and are all categories open garnish?

Eric

EDIT

Sorry, didn't see the post at the bottom of page 16. Feel free to delete this if need be.

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #243
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
Phil (Poobah),

Could you spell our team name correctly on the Battle of the BBQ Brethren site. Pollack is a fish. A Polock is a fat guy of Polish decent who thinks he can BBQ.

Sawdustguy and something smells fishy.
So it's Two Fat Pallets? Two Fat Palettes?

I hear that you guys are on the way to renaming to Two FIT Polocks!!

Oh, and Phil it's Team BigBarryQ (get it? BBQ?) One word. Thanks. I want it to look right on the trophy, ya know.
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #244
Smokenstein & monster crew
Full Fledged Farker

While we are at it
Its Smokenstein not Smokenstien....
even though its say ie on my call tag with the bride, before i knew correct horror lingo

Like igor says in young frankenstein-----Frooderick Frankensteen
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My smoker will eat your WSM for breakfast :becky:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Custom 55 gallon drum(s) smoker that chews wood spits out the embers. (no set it & forget it BBQ stuff for me)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Smokenstein & monster crew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #245
slowerlowerbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokenstien & SmokinBride View Post
While we are at it
Its Smokenstein not Smokenstien....
even though its say ie on my call tag with the bride, before i knew correct horror lingo

Like igor says in young frankenstein-----Frooderick Frankensteen
And one more....

It's Slower Lower BBQ, not Lower Slower BBQ...that just wouldn't make any sense (it's a Delaware thang).

Thanks Phil!!!
KCBS
MABA
180 CHICKEN - KEYSTONE CLASSIC BARBEQUE, HARRISBURG, PA (10/4/2014)
slowerlowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #246
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Default Help?

Hi,

There may be some backyard BBQ'ers who have limited experience w/ competitions who would be interested in participating.

Is there anyone willing to keep an eye on a new team and offer advice as needed? I'd happily volunteer, but I'm the last person that should be offering advice on cooking at comps.

They participated in a casual ribs and chicken contest earlier this year and I think that having someone to depend on for tips and advice would make them a lot more comfortable about competing.

Thanks!

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #247
Full Fledged Farker

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoeric View Post
Hi,

There may be some backyard BBQ'ers who have limited experience w/ competitions who would be interested in participating.

Is there anyone willing to keep an eye on a new team and offer advice as needed? I'd happily volunteer, but I'm the last person that should be offering advice on cooking at comps.

They participated in a casual ribs and chicken contest earlier this year and I think that having someone to depend on for tips and advice would make them a lot more comfortable about competing.

Thanks!
i
Eric

If they have camera's ? I say clint
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My smoker will eat your WSM for breakfast :becky:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Custom 55 gallon drum(s) smoker that chews wood spits out the embers. (no set it & forget it BBQ stuff for me)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #248
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

The cooks packet is available here, and on the contest website.

i will be calling all teams individually to answer questions and introduce myself.

if you have paid via paypal and not sent in your application, please send it in. I need the info on the application such as email addys phone numbers and the names to write on the checks to the winners.

We are at 24 teams. One month out. Pretty Good. We will limit at 30, maybe 35 depending on power and space.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #249
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

if anyone printed a copy of this, please reprint page 2 and 8. I made some corrections..

we are paying to 5th in all categories, not 3rd.

and I corrected a phone number on page 8...

:)... sorry. But I'm not known for my typing skills.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #250
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokenstien & SmokinBride View Post
If they have camera's ? I say clint
No cameras allowed but yes, I would be happy to help. Can they set up next to me? And make sure "smokenstien" is far far away.... :)
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #251
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Is there a train station anywhere near the location?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #252
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Is there a train station anywhere near the location?
Ironically th maples restaurant was the location of the old train stop that was torn down in the 60's. The closest station now is yap hank I think,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manorville_(LIRR_station)
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Sledneck; 07-05-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #253
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Actually, the Speonk station is a little closer than Yaphank.

Yaphank is about 7.5 miles from The Maples, and only has 2 trains in each direction per day on the weekends.

Speonk is about 5.5 mile and has 10 to 12 trains per day in each direction on the weekends.
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #254
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
No cameras allowed but yes, I would be happy to help. Can they set up next to me? And make sure "smokenstien" is far far away.... :)
Ive been at your side twice at contests, & your magic has not made its way over to my smoker...maybe ide have better luck ???
If i was far far away......then again not having luck with home recipes either