MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
leanza
Babbling Farker

Default New Cyber Q ll. Learning Curve.

Just picked up a Guru CyberQll from Kevin (Smokinit) and I'm excited about the prospects.

Someone said that a standard offset adapter works fine in a UDS. Anybody know if that's the case? Also, should I add a additional 1" hole for the fan or utilize an existing port?

What about interfacing with PC or Laptop? Would love configuration stories.

Also, any links, on our site, that would guide me through the whole process of using the device (I am comfortable with the format we have here as opposed to trying to navigate their site).

Thanks my Brothers.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Captain Dave
is one Smokin' Farker

Most on this site, who have tried a guru on a uds have had problems and you dont really need one.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Good luck on getting it setup Tom...I am going to order one from Kevin as well I believe...I am still surprised that it was labelled as being able to work over the internet, and yet nobody seems to have been able to get them working correctly (reliably I should say). I have heard the the D link Dhub wireless USB hub works sometimes though
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
leanza
Babbling Farker

I will post as to how it performs. My son is a IT tech and I asked him for guidence in that regard.

I'm looking for the option of hands off performance, if I want it, at any given cook. So, offset, drum, WSM what ever. I want the option. That's why I asked the question about adding or using existing intakes.

I'm still reading about it and trying to understand the set up as well. Seems like a lot of folks have them as I've read through threads. Lot of Stokers as well.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanza View Post
My son is a IT tech and I asked him for guidence in that regard.
that could be a very handy thing indeed! I am looking forward to your report, as I like the Digiq's ease of use, but I really want wireless connectivity (like the stoker has)...good luck my friend and let us know how it goes!
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Brian in So Cal
Babbling Farker

Leanza, any update?

Blast Off BBQ, Brian K

As a matter of fact I am a rocket scientist!

Just call me Dad.
Brian in So Cal is offline   Reply With Quote