• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

turkey injection recommendations?

txags2011

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a 10lb lil' butterball that im doing tomorrow (sadly not on the drum :cry:) and I wanted to do a good injection cause I am too lazy to brine, any suggestions?

Go to Kroger's and get the butter marinade from Chachere's. They usually include the syringe and needle. It is a decent marinade in a pinch. I use it more than brines, honestly.

both of the above are good also Tony's cajun spice and fresh OJ. fyi norbest and butterball are both pre-brined in the processing.

I mixed apple juice,brown sugar and butter.I warmed it up to melt everything together before I injected it.I cut up 3 apples and put them inside the bird.I was the best one I have ever done.I gave it a sweet taste.

If you want to make your own... Try googling "scottie's creole butter".

I'm up getting mine ready now.

Good luck and enjoy!

My favorite is simple: equal parts of melted butter, honey, and wine. Sometimes I will simmer it for a few minutes with a sprig of fresh rosemary and/or thyme in it.

Go to Kroger's and get the butter marinade from Chachere's. They usually include the syringe and needle. It is a decent marinade in a pinch. I use it more than brines, honestly.

Tony C's is good. I bought a juicer a few years ago and now make my own with butter, onion juice, garlic juice and Zatarains crab boil.

Here's what I'm using...

Attachments

• DSC_0163 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0163 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 116
Tony C's jalapeno butter and for more flavor inject in cavity, into breast and thigh and on the outside, different spots. Did one today for a customer, 10# @ 325* in two and a half hours. on the drum, very tasty. I'll try Scottie's next time. Steve.

Back