Streatching funds

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hey how about posting no brainer ideas on streatching funds spent on food. Sometimes we think about some things and othertimes overlook the obvious.

I had posted the diced apples the other day which was same price as a can but more volume and can portion out and reseal.
IMG_0178-1.jpg

Now I but Bacon Ends at the butcher. They are the cutoffs from their bulk bacon. Works nice for anything you want to add bacon to, beans, loins, burgers, ect. Saves a little cash. Usually 75 cents a pound cheaper.

IMG_0182-1.jpg

I purchase bacon ends every chance I can!!!!

The one thing I remember as a kid was butchering up whole chickens... I still do it when they are on sale... In the end we would take all of the left over stuff (backs, wing tips, tail, etc.) and make up a big pot of chicken stock to put into the deep freezer

Best home made soup was to get home from school, start warming the stock, cut up the vege's and white meat... Boil them together for 10 minutes, add the egg noddles and serve...

My daughter and I used to make 'Garbage Can Soup'... We would go through the re-fridge and any thing that didn't go into the soup, went into the trash...

I wait until the meat department puts a "reduced" tag on the package - means its reached it's shelf life according to store policy.

To me it's just been dry aged at the store:wink:

Ok, now lets see you make something with those two things!

Ok, now lets see you make something with those two things!

Going to river for a boys beer bash. Pre cooking some food as we will be offroading, shooting, Pi$$ing on Rocks. :biggrin:
Hog apple beans and ribs.
IMG_0183-1.jpg

IMG_0184-1.jpg

Back