Chocolate Fudge w/ Walnuts--Artsy Pron

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know this isn't BBQ, but I figured you might enjoy this photo anyways--snapped it about an hour ago. I wanted the photo to be special to send my grandmother, so I did an artistic shoot including the recipe she wrote me in a letter recently.

Chocolate Fudge w/ Walnuts

My grandmother always made the most delicious chocolate fudge with walnuts ever since I can remember. She's 87 now and I missed her fudge. I hadn't had it in a while and asked her if she could give me the recipe so I could make it myself.

She kindly shared the recipe with me in the form of a letter she wrote me--as shown in this capture. It is a recipe from Aunt Ruth, my grandfather's sister.

It was just like I remembered: airy, creamy, buttery and nutty chocolate goodness.

2nvvw9g.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty. I would have taken it to Photoshop and increased the contrast a little. Then I might have reduced the brightness.. Makes a lot of difference. Stuff looks great though!! :)

Very pretty. I would have taken it to Photoshop and increased the contrast a little. Then I might have reduced the brightness.. Makes a lot of difference. Stuff looks great though!! :)

Thanks, I edited it just now and increased the contrast, which dimmed it a little as well. I agree it looks better.

Did a gradient exposure filter--centered on the dish of fudge--in Lightroom, to give it the effect of a snooted flash. Do you like this better Marty? Is it bright enough?

192hj7.jpg

Last edited:
art pron normally worries me, but, this was worth the look

That would go great with the glass of red wine I am enjoying..

Love old family recipes, and so nice of you to take the picture for your grandmother. I am sure it will mean a lot to her.

Care to share?

That would go great with the glass of red wine I am enjoying..

Love old family recipes, and so nice of you to take the picture for your grandmother. I am sure it will mean a lot to her.

Care to share?

I'll blog the recipe and share it :) I want to set up a blog soon.

Back